Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German issued Daueraufenthalt-EG in UK

Alternar
German issued Daueraufenthalt-EG in UK
Respuesta
12/05/08 15:45
Hi All,

Its my firt day on trust7 and i've found the site very informative.

I've one question regarding D-EG. Can someone guide me the differences if I go to UK with D-EG? Am i free to stay and work there?

Here
http://trust7faq.wik.is/Visa/Daueraufenthalt_EG
is mentioned that ...(with some exceptions, UK, Ireland and Denmark)...

What are these exceptions in UK?

Thanks for your help.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: German issued Daueraufenthalt-EG in UK
Respuesta
12/05/08 16:14 en respuesta a Sawun Khan.
No, you cannot live or work in UK with the Daueraufenthalt EG clause. The exceptions mentioned are just that... UK, Ireland and Denmark are yet to sign this EU regulation.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/05/08 16:32 en respuesta a Sawun Khan.
Thanks xenon for a quick reply.

Actually I've to move to UK within 1 year and meanwhile i can also get D-EG or NE. My point is that if i am getting Permanent in Germany and afterwards moving to UK then i've to restart the 5 years process to get permanent. How can i overcome this problem?
I am working in Germany and paid all social contributions, so how can i get better status in UK? (I've a confirmed Job in UK!)

Any guidence will be appreciated.

Thanks
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/05/08 17:03 en respuesta a Sawun Khan.
Well, with D-EG you can be out of the country for a certain period of time. Check with your auslaenderbehoerde for that.

It is all a subjective thing. If you have a great opportunity in UK, sure just take it. However, othrwise it might make sense to wait another year and go the citizenship route. Does your employer in UK not sponsor the UK work permit? You will definitely need that to start working there. The other option is HSMP which is a points based immigration scheme for UK. Google it for more information.

One another thing would be to visit Germany often and have an apartment here. Again, I would check the laws on how often and with what frequency you have to keep visiting.

Maybe some other T7 folks have some information about this?

Good luck!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/05/08 18:29 en respuesta a Sawun Khan.
1.<Well, with D-EG you can be out of the country for a certain period of time. Check with your auslaenderbehoerde for that.>

2.<One another thing would be to visit Germany often and have an apartment here. Again, I would check the laws on how often and with what frequency you have to keep visiting.>

What is the difference between 1 & 2?

Lets say if i get NE or D-EG, and move to UK for work purpose, and i dont left any appartment there (as i am living on rental appartment, which i'll definately leave) maybe i'll leave some bank account open THEN still can i live&work in UK and can have NE or D-EG alive?
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott