Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

work permit extension

Alternar
work permit extension
Respuesta
16/07/05 1:04
Hallo alles,
I came to Germany (Süd-Deutschland) last July with a work permit. At the moment when I was applying for the work permit last year, the officer at the city hall or the Arbeitsamt todl me that there would be a new immigration law becoming effective in Jan. 2005, and they didn't have a clear procedure to handle my case. So, I get a work permit for one year.
Now, it is time to renew my work permit. Could anyone share his experience with me about how to proceed the work permit extension under the new immigration law? Which department I should contact in the city hall? What kind of documents I need to prepare for them?
By the way, I have an unlimited work contract, but my work permit was granted with a particular company.

Thanks in advance for your help.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: work permit extension
Respuesta
16/07/05 8:03 en respuesta a Jian Wang.
what residence permit do you have and in which area do you work?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/07/05 16:19 en respuesta a Jian Wang.
@wjainagn, this is the same case with me. employment office issued me work permit till 31st December, 2004 and they said rest of all other things will be handled by ABH from 1st Jan, 2005. Don't think and worry at all about work permit matter. Employment office has approved and allowed your work with ur present company and so, now ABH will time to time give you resident permit on that accordance (they might contact employment office before extending ur resident permit).

btw, you can follow up the following link to get more infos.

http://www.zuwanderung.de/english/2_faq/arbeitserlaubnis.html

Cheers,
crown.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/07/05 16:23 en respuesta a Jian Wang.
I have a residence permit for working. But I got the residence permit one year more than my first work permit period.
I work in the area of firmware development, and my responsibility is on the system design.

thanks
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/07/05 3:22 en respuesta a Jian Wang.
ahhh you made a big mistake emoticon you should not listen to officials and demand from them a work permit accordingly IT-ArGV.

But you chose to believe that officials want you the best and therefore have got a work permir accordingly ArGV.

Now when you will apply for a prolongation of your residence permit, you have to pray that you will pass a labour market check emoticon
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/07/05 10:39 en respuesta a Jian Wang.
A interesting topic indeed - exactly what I wanted to know.

So it means: if somebody comes to germany now (after 1.1.2005) and passes AMC, gets AE for 1-2-3 years, then after 1-2-3 years he needs to pass AMC check again for AE extension, even if he is still working in the same company ?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/07/05 13:53 en respuesta a Jian Wang.
@cedomir
That is correct. Greencard Holders who have their work-permits issued before 1.1.2005 according to IT-ARGV enjoy a privilige because of the BeschV §46.2

Other people who get their work-permits according to ARGV after or before 1.1.2005 will/would not be issued a 5 year permit and they will have to go through the labor-market-check every year even if they work for the same company. A friend of mine is now experiencing the same situation. (Exceptions and longer permit periods are possible though, as this is again an administrative discretion of officers.)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/07/05 4:07 en respuesta a Jian Wang.
"So it means: if somebody comes to germany now (after 1.1.2005) and passes AMC, gets AE for 1-2-3 years, then after 1-2-3 years he needs to pass AMC check again for AE extension, even if he is still working in the same company ?"

in the first three years - yes. therefore from the very beginning you need to get an AE that will be valid for at least three years

the companies are not interested in the applicants that have to pass AMC every year as well - unless they intend to employ you for 1 project only and then kick you out without paying you any compensation - but they do not know these new regulations yet, i mean the good companies do not. bad guys who intend to make money on you and kick you out after 1 year, know everything and already create new schemes for "stupid foreigners" as they call them ;)

therefore it's not right time to come in Germany unless you lived here previously for some period of time. i would advise people to wait for one year and then deal only with companies that will promise an AE that will be valid at least for three years ...
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/07/05 12:48 en respuesta a Jian Wang.
How can company guarantee 3 Yrs AE ? This is "ermessen" of the ABH and AA. Of course presumption is that one has unlimited conract.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
19/07/05 3:59 en respuesta a Jian Wang.
applications can be made with any conditions one likes to set up. if those can not be met, application gets rejected.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott