Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa For Spouse

Alternar
Visa For Spouse
Respuesta
17/03/11 9:15
I would be traveling to Germany for 9 months on a work permit. As my organization would not assist for the accompany, i am ready to bear the expenses. But i do not know which visa i need to apply for my spouse so that she can stay with me for 9 months, or is there any other alternative like travel visa etc. I am new to this forum, could you please advise me and help me to understand the process.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Visa For Spouse
Respuesta
17/03/11 10:57 en respuesta a Nitin Kale.
Unfortunately, your wife will not be able to accompany you as your visa is only for a short period and the dependent visa takes a lot of time. Best would be a tourist visa, but maybe restricted to 3 months.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/03/11 12:29 en respuesta a Nitin Kale.
Your company surely would assist in getting the Invitation letter for your wife till she gets visas for you both. talk to your employer and conivnce them that the travel and living and Insurance costs for your wife you would take care.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/03/11 15:46 en respuesta a Nitin Kale.
Thank you very much for the information.
If i am ready to bear the expenses, would it be possible to go for dependent visa for the spouse and child. If yes, then for how log the dependant visa is generally granted. And what would be the monthly medical insurance premium i need to pay.

Could you please advise further, thanks alot.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/03/11 16:26 en respuesta a Nitin Kale.
If you manage to get a dependent visa, their visa will be the same duration as yours. Try to get into public health insurance when you arrive here and your family will be insured automatically in your plan without any additional payement.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/03/11 16:32 en respuesta a Nitin Kale.
Thanks Raj
If they get into the public health insurance, family will be insured, but in this case if there is any additional premium, then will it be added to my premium. Because organization will not pay any extra cost.

Correct me if i am wrong, i have no idea how public insurance work and how the premium will be added.

Please advise, thanks
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/03/11 17:58 en respuesta a Nitin Kale.
Tell me how you are being paid? A normal salary in germany? If yes, health insurance is part of the salary deductions along with income tax and other deductions.

Take time to go through the following website

http://www.howtogermany.com/
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/03/11 23:05 en respuesta a Nitin Kale.
NitinKKale,

if you are here for 9months, then looks like you still have a local Employment in your home country and you may be paid Living and Accomodation allowance in Germany during your stay. so you would have a private Health Insurance like Conti and for your wife and child you have to pay additional premium and included in Conti.

But like Raj said, try and start the process first.. and you would come to know automatically during the process
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/03/11 16:02 en respuesta a Nitin Kale.
Go for a dependent visa. Make sure that the consulate deals with both of your applications at the same time “in one shot”. Do not file them with a time gap. Stick to the advice by Raj and Richtig.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/03/11 8:36 en respuesta a Nitin Kale.
Thank you very much all.
As Richtig said, yes i would be having my local employment in home country, and i would be paid living and accommodation allowance in Germay.
So i would have to pay additional premium for wife and kid's insurance. I will go through the website too for more info.

Once again thank you for the information.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott