Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

convertion from student to GC status ...help needed

Alternar
I am student ,studying my Masters, have to complete my Master thesis, I got an offer of GC. My Question is " if i convert to GC can i continue my thesis and complete the study in GC status"? Please Help me guys whether to convert to GC r complete my study and then GC.

Thanks in advance.

Neela
0 (0 Votos)

Re: convertion from student to GC status ...help needed
Respuesta
9/09/04 15:20 en respuesta a Venkatesh Neela.
why not
I am GCler and I started Master here.

after all we pay taxes.
It would be really nasty if they would forbid us to study
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/09/04 15:27 en respuesta a Venkatesh Neela.
thanks a million DvD . So i can continue my Masters in GC status. So i need to inform to the univerisity about this.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/09/04 16:12 en respuesta a Venkatesh Neela.
You can convert your student status to GC when you have a job offer. If you degree is not yet complete in Germany you can show your Bachelor Degree certificate to the Arbeitsamt when you apply for Work Permit. You can also show your current transcripts of MSc.
You do not need to inform the university that you are changing your student status to GC.

And in Germany you can even continue your master thesis aftter exmatriculation. But you do not need to exmatriculate in your situation.
Get the GC, finish your study, then join into your job - there is nothing more to do.

Have funs!

MK
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/09/04 16:52 en respuesta a Venkatesh Neela.
thankyou very much mk.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/09/04 18:23 en respuesta a Venkatesh Neela.
hello, you did not mention how and where you will continue your master thesis. If you have a regulation to continue your thesis work in a company then you are in trouble unless you get your thesis work in the same company where you got your job. If you do thesis in Uni. then it should be ok because you don't need a new tax card.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/09/04 19:19 en respuesta a Venkatesh Neela.
Hello Neela,

I am also in the same situation.....presently doing the job....not yet completed thesis.......GC is under process.......

I still didn't inform my FH that i got a job....after all why should I inform?

I do think strongly that "On our student visa it is strictly metioned how we are allowed to work" but "there is no restriction to study when u work on GC".

It is our wish to study when we work. Why should we bother when there is nothing written on GC about studies?

But our FH/UNI needs a thesis.......and if professor agrees.......i don't think there will be situation.......where they ask.....by seeing our thesis and question "hey......you have GC....you can't study.......get out....."

So.....sailing in a same boat.........i say........be cool.....:-)
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/09/04 22:52 en respuesta a Venkatesh Neela.
thank you very much nreddy and viswatez............emoticon.......Thanks for all
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott