Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

6 Months expiration rule of NE

Alternar
6 Months expiration rule of NE
Respuesta
14/04/08 6:09
Hey guys,

I need some urgent help and advice.

I currently possess the umbefristet NE. However, I have been in singapore for past few months for education and intend to go back to Germany later in the year.

I was told that my NE expries if I stay out of Germany for more than six months. I have around month and a half left for this six month period to complete and due to my studies I do not think I will be able to go to Germany in the next month and half.

I would like to know what my options in this situation are:
1. Can I just simply call the auslanderamt in Germany and explain to them the problem ?
2. Can I hire a lawyer in Germany who can meet the guys at auslanderamt and get the extension done ?
3. Is there any provision that can help me extend this period.

I would really appreciate if you guys can show me light.

Desperately look forward to the replies.

Thanks,
Jane
0 (0 Votos)

Re: 6 Months expiration rule of NE
Respuesta
14/04/08 13:02 en respuesta a j n.
You should do it before going out of Germany.
You can try to call AuslAmt but it is not certain what will you get. Forgewt lawyer and provision.
If you do not get extension of this 6 months you will need to get complately new visa nad wait 5 years to get NE again. In that case I would advice you just to fly to Germany before 6 months expires.

Beside if you are geting salary in Germany all the time and have a flat there, than problem is not that big.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/04/08 15:04 en respuesta a j n.
I didnt do it before moving out of Germany :-(
I was getting salary till last month even though I left Germany in December....

Do I have any other option than paying a quick visit to Germany ????

Thanks,
Jane
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/04/08 17:17 en respuesta a j n.
dont worry,
pay a trip to Germany and get registered yourself as freelancer. Until you do a self abmeldung, or stay more than six months outside Germany, you wont lose your NE. Hope this helps,dont forgot to update the forum about your expereince whatever you try. It help others also.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/04/08 17:16 en respuesta a j n.
If You got salary in Germany until last month then it should not be a big problem. Why did you stop geting salary in Germany? Anyway, the time you received salary in G is almost as you were there. But still you have to ask ABH for extension of this 6 months.
Call them, and ask it. Most important, tell them you got salary in G and that you will come to G in a short time and have a salary there again. (WILL YOU?)
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/04/08 15:54 en respuesta a j n.
There is no way they can find out .There is no stamp of the date of departure. relax.

You can also call ABH (1 week befor) and tell them that you have lost your passport and need atleast 1-2 month to get it back. then call them and say that you have found your old passport and shall return to germany soon.

ask the extension letter. But i can tell you no one asks for it.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
7/05/08 1:33 en respuesta a j n.
Hi,

everytime I passed immigration, the officer scan my visum through a kind of scanner device.
I traveled more than 6 times a year in the last 4 years.

Are you sure there isn't any record?
I don't think the system is so bad.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3