Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse visa clarification !!

Alternar
Spouse visa clarification !!
Respuesta
31/10/06 13:28
Hello all ,

I , Abhay from India,am in Germany on a work permit for 1 year and work for a software company.

The issue here is that the after my wife has applied for a spouse visa,the German authorities have sent a correspondence to the chennai consulate for a verification of the marraige certificate which was not at all communicated to us in any respect.Finally now the authorities say that until now as there was no submission of documents they have rejected the visa.

Now do i have to start the whole process afresh and wait for the next 3 months or can i continue with the existing proceedure.

It has been 3 months that we have applied for a visa.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Spouse visa clarification !!
Respuesta
4/11/06 22:03 en respuesta a Abhay vijaykumar.
Hi Abhay,

I'm a little bit confused, I think your wife should have applied through the consulate in Chennai, shouldn't she? There the consulate will check if all the prerequiesites are fulfilled according to their checklist. Why the German authorities should check it again to the consulate?

Regards,
NN
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Spouse visa clarification !!
Respuesta
5/11/06 18:28 en respuesta a Abhay vijaykumar.
Not to worry. You should approach this step-by-step. First, check back with the Chennai Consulate if they informed your wife or your travel agent regarding the need for verification of your marriage certificate. They send a letter normally. So you should tell them you did not receive it and hence you did not respond. You should request them to start the process of marriage certificate verification. (You will find a lot of info on this verification process using the search function in this website) Secondly, you should tell the authorities in Germany (Ordnungsamt bzw. Ausländeramt) that they should send a fresh approval to the Chennai Consulate (just in case the old approval has expired). You need not start the whole process again. It is just reactivating your case.I am sure you have a reference number recd. from the Consulate. Good luck.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott