Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

can i study in a family visa

Alternar
can i study in a family visa
Respuesta
1/03/05 16:09
Hello,
I got admission to cologne university for a one year course.My present residence permit is till 21 october 2005.The course ends only at March 2006.My
husband´s residence permit is also till october 21st.But he has a contract that he has a job in
his german company till he retires and we are expecting an unlimited residence permit after this october.(his visa is not green card)How
can i convince the university that i will be here till the course ends.I donot want to change by visa to student visa.Can you help me in this regard.
Should i go to AA and talk with them before going to university
Thanking You in anticipation
Marjan
0 (0 Votos)

Re: can i study in a family visa
Respuesta
1/03/05 23:46 en respuesta a mary jame.
Dear Marjana,

By law a spouse should get arbeitsberischtigung after 2 years on spouse visa. This means spouse becomes independent of his/her partner. Under this status one can work or study or open independent business as a German can do.

If you are going to become student for a year, it might be worth converting your status to student. After all your husband will get PR soon and being a spouse you will have similar status. During this 1 year time, you may like to enjoy the privliges offered to students in Germany.

Best,
T7
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/03/05 11:10 en respuesta a mary jame.
student visa is not good idea.
it is like changing horse for donkey.
for your studium visa you have should be enough.
pursuade them not to make any complications because you will get your Verlängerung.

but I do not understand why do they take care of your visa.
I am student in D and as far as I remember nobody asked me how long does my AE last.
If you have visa now it should be enough for uni.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/03/05 12:31 en respuesta a mary jame.
Hi Marjan,

You do not need to convince the university. If you are already accepted, it is ok. or did the Uni ask you for such thing?

What you would need to do is before your visa expires (and in case you have not gotten your NE) go to ABH to extent your permit. As a reason you can argue you are student and show them your "Studentenbescheinigung".

It is not necessary to change the status of your visa.

Regards,

juligori
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/03/05 15:21 en respuesta a mary jame.
Thank You all for your support.The problem is the university has asked my passport for registration and i am supposed to show by passport for everything occasion.Then i am in Germany only one year although by husband was here before.

inmy new res permit they have written i can work with zustimmung der ausländerbehorde .ihave passed
Zertifikat deustch in 1(94%).So as you have can i proceed with student registration.I have all the papers in my hand.The only confusion is if i dono have a res permit till next year ,will they not accept me?

Thanks a lot
Marjan
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/03/05 15:44 en respuesta a mary jame.
@marjana

Each University in Germany has a different policy regarding the student addmissions. Please simply go to University's admission office and do your registration just like a normal German does. When they request your passport and ask you to change your status to Student, tell them you are allowed to study with this permit. (They have to prove the opposite) and insist and do it in German. (I know success stories with this method )

I know also some people who managed to study with GC permission.(without changing status)

If your residence permit does not explicitly say that you can NOT study, then you CAN study.

We can not really help you here. It depends on the University admission office and your ability to convince registration officer in case of a problem.. emoticon

Regards,

Lacrima

PS: In the worst case, if University strictly refuses to let you study with your current residence permit then you can switch to Student status.. and when your husband gets the NE, then switch back to spouse-dependent status. There is nothing to worry about regarding this case, as far as you husband stays employed..
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/03/05 17:36 en respuesta a mary jame.
lacrima:
"I know also some people who managed to study with GC permission.(without changing status)"

meemoticon

I would not take student visa because student visa is not counted for NE. In that case you need 5 years after Studium for NE.
(I know there are other posibilities with marriage but don't know details)
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott