Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family reunion and conversion

Alternar
Family reunion and conversion
Respuesta
25/10/09 22:47
Hi Friends,

I am sorry that I had to start a new thread. There were 3 reasons to it:
- German embassies keep on changing rules now and then
- this might be useful for those whose spouses will apply for family reunion visas in coming months
- my case is as usual others little different

I am a sikh and my wife was a Hindu before marriage. She got converted first and then wedding(love marriage) took place. Everything was done correctly both at religious as well as at legal level. In Punjab marriages between Sikhs and Hindus is normal but our marriage was not supported by wife's parents.

My wife applied for family reunion visa last month. The present situation of visa process is:

- someone from a detective agency visited my parents and wife and asked for too many papers, visited our relatives, paathi (Gurudawara priest) and took statemtns from neighours who attended our wedding
- Although it was a long and hectic process but all went well except one thing:
- the detective(investgator) also visited my in-laws and we have no clue what they told him about our marriage or if they even spoke to him
- we can not ask my in laws as they beleive in maintaining distance from us. I wont be surprised if they had said that they never had a daughter who got married to me or did not spoke with him at all or behaved very rudly
- albeit we were told that investigator was there to confirm authenticity of arriage and had nothing to do with personal matters between us and in-laws
Its been since 3 weeks that we have not heard from embassy. Is that normal? I also called at embassy and was told that papers are being reviewed.
Can someone please tell me, how long do/can we have to wait?
Can statement of my wife's parents have an effect on visa process?

Kind regards,
Tony
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Family reunion and conversion
Respuesta
26/10/09 12:28 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
Enquire with the ABH in Germany, about the status. Maybe they are investigating the case further, after talking to your in laws. In laws statements can only prolong investigation. Just be patient.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/10/09 15:45 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
In my wife's case, it took 4 weeks for the entire marriage verification process.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/10/09 17:14 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
Hi,
Thanks for replying.

kewlbuddy, do you mean that 4 weeks after investigation
- your wife heard from embassy or she was granted visa after 4 weeks or
- after 4 weeks you heard from ABH that her papers had arrived?

hey stutt, I called ABH last week and was told that I would receive a letter as soon as my wife's papers are there. May be I am gonna try next week.

Tony
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/10/09 11:55 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
@tony
4 weeks from the date, we posted the original marriage certificate etc to embassy. After 3.5 weeks, we called them. They said everything is ok and they r going to send back the certificate soon.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/12/09 0:30 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
Hi,

now it is almost 2 months since my family received a visit from investigator and we have a very confusing situation. The ABH here says that they have recieved papers from German embassy in Delhi and have asked for marriage certificate verification. Since we know that official from German embassy had already met Registerar for verification, so we wrote to embassy that they should send verified papers so that ABH here can process our application. The reply we received from embassy that they have sent papers and are waiting for reply from ABH.

So the situation is a kinda deadlock and both the parties are waiting for reply from the other. Can anyone suggest what can be done in such a situation?

Regards,
Tony
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
7/12/09 15:45 en respuesta a Tony Gill.
Always it takes time for communication between Embassy and ABH here. Dont need to worry. Just be in touch with ABH here once in a week/2 weeks.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott