Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Daueraufenthalt-EG requirement in the New Law

Alternar
Hello Everyone,

My situation is as follows.
I did my masters in germany for about 2.5 years and have been working fulltime for about 3 years now.

I would like to know if the new rules say anything regarding the Daueraufelthalt-EG . Can I also apply for it immediately like the NE permit (22 months with B1 level or 33 months) or do I have to wait the mandatory 5 years for it.

Regards,
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/08/12 10:15 en respuesta a hacksgen.
I guess you have to pay taxes for 60 months compulsary for applying to Daueraufenthalt-EG
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/08/12 11:19 en respuesta a nanee.
At least in Bayern..

One should have paid Rente for 60 months. If you were student and did some job where you paid Rente, it will also counts, although you might not have paid taxes during this peroid.

Secondly, you would have stayed in Germany (without break. Break is considered if you were outside Germany for more than 6 months) for 5 years. Student time is half worth when it comes to actual calculation.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
20/08/12 11:22 en respuesta a hacksgen.
Hi,

the new rules which you mentioned are for Blue Card EU holders. So you have to apply for a Blue Card, but then it is not sure that your previous time in Germany will be counted.

We have different information so far... our lawyers guess, that the time before one got the Blue Card will not be counted. A trust7 member got the phone information from his foreigners office, that this time will be counted.

The official law text in German is not clear regarding this point. So I recommend everybody who is interested or has the concrete plan to apply for a Blue Card EU to get the permanent residence permission faster, to contact his local alien office and try it!

Detlef
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/08/12 10:34 en respuesta a hacksgen.
hacksgen:
I did my masters in germany for about 2.5 years and have been working fulltime for about 3 years now.

For the DA-EG, only half the time spent here on a study permit will count towards the 5 years. On the other hand, you can try to apply for the NE for foreign graduates of German universities (§18b AufenthG).
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/08/12 11:34 en respuesta a Arianne.
Detlef,
Thanks for the information. I am not interested in getting a blue card but rather checking if I can get the NE or more specifically the DA-EG quickly under the new rules instead of waiting for the few more months.

arianne,
I know that my study time would be considered only in half according to old law which means I would have had to wait another couply of months before applying for DA-EG. I would much rather apply for the DA-EG than the NE which I have read from various forums has certain disadvantages. (like 1 year stay outside germany for DA-EG against 6 months for NE).

Has anybody an idea about whether the NE under the new law is different from the NE given according to the old law.
What are the advantages or disadvantages of the new NE against the DA-EG permit.

Thanks
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18