Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

transferring your file between various immigration offices

Umschalten
Hello,

I applied for German citizenship and called them to check on the status of my application. I was told that all the security checks have been completed and they are waiting for my file to be transferred from Munich to Berlin as my last contact with the immigration office was in Munich.

My question is does anyone know how long does this typically take? It should be a simple matter but I heard conflicting stories from various people.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: transferring your file between various immigration offices
Antwort
01.02.09 16:43 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
Even in Hamburg between two districts it takes more than 2 weeks of time to send such documents. That is my case for my NE application. The official said that they need the documents from the other alien office. 2 weeks passed I have not heard anything.

I would expect in that sense longer times for you. 4 weeks maybe?

Klenze17.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.02.09 21:22 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
Hi Klenze,

Thanks for the reply. 4 weeks would be ok but I have a feeling it will take much longer than that, unfortunately. More than 2 weeks just within Hamburg?! That is crazy!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.02.09 21:34 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
xenon123 writes:

Thanks for the reply. 4 weeks would be ok but I have a feeling it will take much longer than that, unfortunately.

This is Germany. Everything is running slower than expected. If they said you 4 weeks, it can be 6 weeks or even 8 weeks.

xenon123 writes:

More than 2 weeks just within Hamburg?! That is crazy!

Yes.. It takes max. 45 minutes of time between two offices with public transpotation. I would have offered that I could it, but they said no. No surprise that German are so patient people.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.02.09 22:21 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
I asked on another forum and they say normally it takes 2 to 6 weeks. Let's see... I guess it also depends on the efficiency of the two offices concerned.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.02.09 11:44 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
xenon123

u apply in berlin right? but didnt u do anmeldung in berlin? As i thought file get automatically transfer (to the present state of living)when u do anmelden from on state to another.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.02.09 12:39 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
@deathinc:

This is what has be confused as well. I am registered in Berlin for more than a year now and they should have my data here. I will call them again and clarify this. Maybe there is a misunderstanding.

In any case the people at info4alien say it can take anything between 2-6 weeks.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.02.09 13:04 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
I asked because there is probablity that this happen to me also.

As i last time visited in ABH munchen 1.5 years ago and in berlin i never knew if my file transfered or not.And next month im leaving berlin for Osnabrück(anmelden).

Hope everything goes fine in july.
Is something like this can happen--> Osnabrück(abh) ask for file in Berlin in july and since file from Munchen was not reached in berlin ,they(berlin abh) say "file not found or lost" or
anyother bullshit excuse to delay the things.

Since i know this now , Anything can be done to avoid delay later??since i have still 4-5 months before july.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.02.09 13:07 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
Hi Xenon123

I guess Deathnic is not right.

When I applied for my NE in Berlin, when I did the first contact in this moment my file was formally asked from ABH Berlin to ABH (wherever I was). I think Anmeldung has nothing to do with file transfers, even if original ABH is informed, they don't need to send anything to any place. The movement is only when there is a real request.

Trust the information of Info4alien simply because they are the guys who send/receive the files because they are the ABH!

The time my file took to reach Berlin was about 4 weeks, but this time really depends on the work load, time of the year etc etc. I was already registered in Berlin about one year before that date.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.02.09 14:49 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
No ,I initially angemeldet in bremen then i shifted to munchen then after year i went for visa extension in abh munchen and my file was altready there,they did it with in minutes on the same day i approched there. and i did see my file that was in bremen.

Anmelden Abmelden has to do with file transfer from one ABH to other .But question is if this is always followed.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.02.09 15:15 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
I think YO might be right. I got my NE in Muenchen and that was my last contact regarding any "immigration" issue and it could be that the file is only transferred when there is a real request about such matters.

Anyway, there is not much I can do about this.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
02.02.09 16:26 als Antwort auf Pankaj Daga.
During Anmeldung, the Rathaus normally gets a signature for a file transfer form and in such cases its sent in few days/weeks. Otherwise the visa issuing office might request only when there is an application for visa.
I presume its done automatically between towns within same state but between states it has to be explicitly requested. just from my observation..
cheers
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18