Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Masters while on Arbeitslosengeld

Umschalten
Masters while on Arbeitslosengeld
Antwort
03.08.07 02:31
Hello all,

Is it possible to start a masters course outside Germany (within europe though! ) while being on arbeitslosengeld ? The masters course in this case is one year long.

I have heard that in some cases the arbeitsamt acutally funds certain trainings in order to improve an unemployed person's employability. However, not sure if arbeitsamt allows one year courses during that period, while still paying the arbeitslosengeld, even if the person funds the course entirely himself.

Any thoughts on this situation ???

Cheerz
Jane
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Masters while on Arbeitslosengeld
Antwort
03.08.07 10:31 als Antwort auf j n.
Hallo Jane:

Privately you may study any time.

But, Arbeitsamt normally dont sponsor for such a degree or Master program, I asked it myself.

What they do sponsor, are some Trainings, by certain firms (Like SAP etc.) which help you get an employment. They have their site, where you may find such trainings/courses and if you are selected by the company for such training/course, then you may apply at Arbeitsamt and they will then pay (not sure 100%), but will sponsor you for such a course.

So, better go Arbeitsamt and ask for such a link. I got this info on CEBIT from Arbeitsamt.

Gruss,
A.T
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.08.07 13:30 als Antwort auf j n.
Thanks AT !
You mentioned that privately I could do my masters. That brings the next question... Will I continue to get the arbeitslosengeld while I am the course specially when (a) the master course is in another european country and (b) I am not really employable during that period (even if the period is one year).

Thanks !
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.08.07 13:48 als Antwort auf j n.
Dear Jane,

In your case the maximum duration for Arbeitslosengeld would be 12 months, provided you fulfill the two basic conditions:

1. You maintain your residence in germany
2. You make reasonable efforts to search and find an employment in germany

Arbeitslosengeld given to you is only to finance above two conditions.

Apart from these what you do in your 12 months is none of any concern to Arbeitsamt. In my personal opinion, going for a german language course would help you more than a masters degree.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.08.07 12:57 als Antwort auf j n.
Akshay:

Isnt there a clause which says you have to be available to the job-market during the time you get ALG? Isnt that what your 2nd point says?

-Fred
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.08.07 13:32 als Antwort auf j n.
@fred

If you maintain your stay in DE and search for a job in DE then you are making yourself available to the job-market in DE.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.08.07 17:09 als Antwort auf j n.
No!! if you ar enrolled as a student you will not be entitled to get Arbeislosgeld!!

Good Luck!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.08.07 22:23 als Antwort auf j n.
Thanks Guys !!!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.08.07 18:31 als Antwort auf j n.
@Rajesh: Do you mean if you change the visa status to a student,
or
just the case of immatrikulation will cancel the ALG?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.08.07 20:22 als Antwort auf j n.
@fred,

In both case you loose your ALG immediately..After working for a year in an industry, i came back to finish my uncompleted studies in 2002 and in principle, i thought i should apply for the ALG, but the arbeitsamt plainly refused after seeing my 'Beurlaub Immatrikulation' and my subesequent student status..

They told me that it can be given only if i search a job!!!

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3