Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Urgent transfer of funds to India for my brothers operation

Umschalten
My brother is having an operation next week for which i need to transfer 10Lakhs to India.With money2india it takes long and NRE account has limit of 1Lakh per day.I have the amount in my NRO account could anyone tell what would be the best way to transfer the amount from NRO to any Indian account.I am sorry to ask this question here but i am unable to find a response from Bank so hope i can get some advice from someone here with similar experience.
Thanks in advance
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Urgent transfer of funds to India for my brothers operation
Antwort
24.02.11 14:57 als Antwort auf prasadp kumar.
You can use WESTERN UNION money transfer facility. Here Money gets transferred in seconds. You could do a transfer and then call up to collect the money very next minute. I am not sure if they will transfer money to your NRO account.
The only problem with Western union is the exchange rates are not so competitive and they have a fee based on amount you transfer.
So keeping your urgency in mind this is the best option.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.02.11 15:23 als Antwort auf prasadp kumar.
Hallo,
I have some money in HDFC account in India. In return you can give here Euros so that it would be immediatly transferred. I hope with this I can help you a little.
you can contact me at +49 179 7312411
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.02.11 18:38 als Antwort auf prasadp kumar.
With money2india, you can transfer to any bank account in India. If you have Euros, then add the account to which you want to transfer as a receiver and initiate the M2N transfer. Money will reach in 3 working days.

I used this to transfer money to SBI and it works.

Even if you have money in the Indian bank account, its sad you can do it all at once. But one lakh a day would work though.

@ Sri153

If you have amount in HDFC, how will you transfer 10 lakhs at once to the other bank ? Even the Original poster has money in the Indian bank, the problem is with trasnfer.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.02.11 19:15 als Antwort auf prasadp kumar.
Yes exactly i also have the money in India but my problem is how to transfer it all together.How about sending a account payee cheque by courier with total amount at least if the courier reaches in 3 days then also it takes less time than other means,but will this create a tax related problem?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.02.11 19:43 als Antwort auf prasadp kumar.
@prasad

try

www.xoom.com

from anywhere around the globe to India......for bigger amounts no charges or fees and even possible to transfer via Bank account
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.02.11 20:00 als Antwort auf prasadp kumar.
@Raj2009 xoom works only with Dollars and there is no option for transfer of Euros
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.02.11 09:53 als Antwort auf prasadp kumar.
@ jackal

just now I read the conditions from HDFC online transfer, it is possible to transact 10 lakhs per day per customer ID. So it is possible.

@ Prasad
I do not hold all of the amount but some. If you want, you can call me at my mobile number

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.02.11 20:32 als Antwort auf prasadp kumar.
money2India has a limit of 75K Euros /Day /Transaction.

Check with your bank on what is the transfer limit.

it usually takes 2-3 days to transfer and this could be the same as well if you transfer that within india.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott