Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NI processing time?

Umschalten
NI processing time?
Antwort
23.01.09 19:24
Hello,
I recently applied for NI.

I am planned to travel in 4-5 weeks. I really need to know could the processing time be more than 4 weeks?
Some examples would be helpful.

Second question:
They submitted my application with no objection.
They told me they will check my 1) qualification status and 2) security clearance.
They also told that it will now take 4 weeks due to security clearance from Berlin.
They asked me to dial telephone in 4 weeks, ask about if we are finished and then just come and collect.

I wander why they told me that they will check the qualification status. As security clearance
comes only when qualification is successful. How much I should be sure of getting NI?

Thanks
Smar
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: NI processing time?
Antwort
23.01.09 20:51 als Antwort auf smar smar.
I logined for the sole purpose of asking: What does NI stand for? What do you mean with that?

Klenze17
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: NE processing time?
Antwort
23.01.09 22:29 als Antwort auf smar smar.
oh sorry.. It is NE
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.01.09 15:30 als Antwort auf smar smar.
Smar asks:
I am planned to travel in 4-5 weeks. I really need to know could the processing time be more than 4 weeks?

Since the application process time is highly undeterministic, ie. depends on the situation, state etc, it might take 2 months. In this case, I propose to be careful with the travel. If you need it, you must ask your local authority to give a temporary permit to go out.

They submitted my application with no objection. They told me they will check my 1) qualification status and 2) security clearance.
They also told that it will now take 4 weeks due to security clearance from Berlin.
They asked me to dial telephone in 4 weeks, ask about if we are finished and then just come and collect.

I wander why they told me that they will check the qualification status. As security clearance
comes only when qualification is successful. How much I should be sure of getting NI?

NI = NE (Niederlassungserlaubnis, unlimited residence/work permit)

If you apply for it, if you have fulfilled the requirements then it will be approved. Just be patient. This wait time is high, I know. But this is the usual application process. For example, in my case (I applied for NE $19 for high qualified people) they said to me it will take 2 weeks. But now it seems might be longer.

If they say you something, then it is correct. If you have doubts, I would propose to talk to them directly. Everyone's case is different!

Klenze17.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.01.09 20:43 als Antwort auf smar smar.
Thanks for the useful reply.
It could be further useful for me to get to know some examples of NE process time.
I appreciate if some members would like to share.
Thanks
Smar30
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.01.09 21:03 als Antwort auf smar smar.
exg 1. BW - 1 day
exg 2. HE - 6 months
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.01.09 21:57 als Antwort auf smar smar.
took me 2 weeks to get it in BW including all kind of investigation and stuff..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.02.09 14:24 als Antwort auf smar smar.
I was told to check the status of NE on telephone in 4 weeks. It seems now the all telephone lines are not being received. Should I personally go just to ask or be patient and just wait?

@ klenze17, how long is the processing time for your application now?
Smar30
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.02.09 19:56 als Antwort auf smar smar.
smar30 writes:
was told to check the status of NE on telephone in 4 weeks. It seems now the all telephone lines are not being received. Should I personally go just to ask or be patient and just wait?

@ klenze17, how long is the processing time for your application now?

There is absolutely no problem with directing a question to an official. The official is obliged to answer your question.

4 weeks of time is not in Hamburg. I have heard such people they got the NE permit in 2 days.

In my case it is still running for 3 weeks. Next week I expect to get my NE. The point was that my documents were in another local authority, since I had moved before. Then they have lost time with Arbeitsamt, because they did not know some laws. If these were not the case, I am pretty sure I would have taken in NE in one day. Please don't forget that all my procedure is in Hamburg. No other state was involved. I don't know whether Ausländebehörden contact to Arbeitsamt for "regular NEs". My NE is Niederlassungserlaubnis für Hochqualifizierte and Arbeitsamt is not involved here, by law (I learned recently, thanks trustuser).

Klenze17.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: NE processing time?
Antwort
08.02.09 03:40 als Antwort auf smar smar.
Thanks klenze17,
In my case, I have lived in three different states until now. Would it effect processing time?
My file was already in my local (right) office at the time of applying.

Processing time of 2 days…. It may only be the case when they do not go for any security check from Berlin, which I guess is a compulsory part?
smar30
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18