Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

GC Visa extension "long" time before expiration possible ?

Umschalten
Hi peoples,

What are changes (or better to say: legal grounds) to extend now GC-visa which expires on 31.12.2005 ?

My present visa will be soon a obstacle to do business, since my company is and will be doing business with one fine english company. Unfortunately I need visa for England, and they issue visa if your AE is valid for further 6 months after expiration of english visa.

So if I do not get the english visa in July, this creates problems.

What do you think ? Extension possible without waiting "two weeks before" ?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: GC Visa extension "long" time before expiration possible ?
Antwort
25.02.05 11:58 als Antwort auf Cedomir Dijanovic.
Hi cedomir,

I just read your post and knew something was wrong in there. You mentionning that "they issue visa if your AE is valid for further 6 months after expiration of english visa" is not correct, as you can see on http://www.britischebotschaft.de/en/consular/visas/requ_documents.htm, it just says that you have to have a "valid passport with German residence permit (minimum validity 6 months)" that doesn't mean 6 months after the end of the UK visa but 6 months from your application.

The reason is that if you got a 3 months visa left for example, as they always issue a 6 months visa, you could go to the UK and after 3 months, have no more visa for Germany but still 3 months for the UK, where you could stay but what will you do or be after the end of the UK visa?

So you always has to have a visa for Germany longer than what you could ask for them (if you want to apply for a 1 year, better have 1 year+ on your actual German visa and so on)

I already got one last year and I wanted to apply for another one but I couldn't because my GC is already shorter than what they could give me.

So you could apply safely even now and you should be able to get one.

D.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.02.05 12:09 als Antwort auf Cedomir Dijanovic.
:-)
I have english visa already :-) Until 1.8.2005.
German AE: until 31.12.2005.

Project duration: vsl. 01.04.2006.

Got it :-) ?

So I will need new english visa after 1.8.2005.
And this will probably not work because german visa ends at 31.12.2005. Also for my company it does not pay to make new english visa for me every month (ok, I exaggerate a little :-) ). This time it costed 200 Euro. If I went to Düsseldorf myself, it would have costed even more (80 Euro x hour).

Currently ABH wants to give me Christmass present - new german visa (NE probably) not before 15.12.2005.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.02.05 12:47 als Antwort auf Cedomir Dijanovic.
I think you can apply for 1 year UK visa. I myself got UK visa of 2 years eventhough I had only 3 months German visa at the time I applied. I also know many guys who got UK visa without having 6 months German visa. I think the UK embassy in Düsseldorf is very good to issue visa. The issuing officers are very nice.

My advice would be you go to Düsseldorf to get 1 or 2 year visa. You can carry a letter from your employer that you have a fixed job in Germany.

regards,
mk
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.02.05 01:03 als Antwort auf Cedomir Dijanovic.
Hi Cedomir,
I think if your current company (unlimited vetrag & willingness to continue job after Dec 2005) and english company (invitation) can give you very supportive refrence letter, then you can extend your visa, normaly first visa is the most problem. You can make appoinment in nov/oct with english company,if both companies want visa should be no problem.
My first visa for UK was 6 months,when it was near to finish(2 month before),i applied for 5 years visa with relevent documents (my brother uk citizen inveted),same i did last year for my wife,got 5 years visa without any interview or personal visit to embassy. Our DE visa finishes long before UK visa.

Take care.

dilbir
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.02.05 10:37 als Antwort auf Cedomir Dijanovic.
I have decided to check the things first with my local ABH I am awaiting now their written response. If they refuse to extend my ABH/AE then I will start to explore other options that you have listed here and hope that UK embassy will be more forthcoming than german ABH.

For my first UK visa I have send the documents via courier on Friday, and I had my passport with visa on Tuesday. No hassle at all. Top service I must admit.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.02.05 15:16 als Antwort auf Cedomir Dijanovic.
"For my first UK visa I have send the documents via courier on Friday, and I had my passport with visa on Tuesday. No hassle at all. Top service I must admit."

Why would they make any problems if you have documents that allow you to cross german border months after your UK visa expires? if they will have to deport you, there will be no problems for them as long as you are eligible to get back to Germany

Another thing is when you are coming from a third-world country - the one that makes lots of problems in case of deportation - and have no longer a valid German residence permit when your would-be UK visa will expire. In such a case the procedure can be completely different, dependent on what experience one particular official - the one that will process your application - had. does not mean that application for a visa will be rejected, but it can take longer than two-three days
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.02.05 15:47 als Antwort auf Cedomir Dijanovic.
"The reason is that if you got a 3 months visa left for example, as they always issue a 6 months visa, you could go to the UK and after 3 months, have no more visa for Germany but still 3 months for the UK, where you could stay but what will you do or be after the end of the UK visa?"

Exactly. There is always a chance that somebody does not get a prolongation of german residence permit, still can relocate to UK and make problems once they arrive there, like requesting a refugee status without having any job in sight

"You can carry a letter from your employer that you have a fixed job in Germany."

That would help a lot

"my brother uk citizen inveted"

hehe that makes a great difference! the person who has invited you is the one who is gonna pay all expences if your deportation will be necessary. therefore the officials usually check whether that person has a corresponding financial standing before approving their invitation, and once that check is done, the invited has no problems getting a visa

Mr. Fischer here in Germany thought that he is more clever and that general rules do not apply to him, therefore he ordered not to check the financial standing of those who invite people from east Europe. That could only result in mass illegal immigration with nobody responsible - what's the use to accuse homeless people here who signed those invitations, they can not pay anyway? - but some politicians live in a world of dreams so they do not notice obvious things
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott