Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

divorce and visa

Umschalten
divorce and visa
Antwort
16.06.08 18:21
This my first post, looking for questions regarding divorce, vias and residency status. I married my german boyfriend of 17 years, moving to Germany in 2005. After 11 months, we separated under the most horrible conditions, for which he was charged with "gemeinschaftlicher Körperverletzung", a domestic violence charge, for which he was found guilty. Due to the nature of our separation, and a positive work situation, I immediately found and registered myself at in a new apartment. At this time I was unaware that I had any legal rights to keep in our shared apartment; I would not have wanted to resided there in any case since it had long been his bachelor pad.

We agreed to give him time to seek counseling and stop drinking for a year, contributing factors to the incident causing our break, for which he was unsuccessful. Now that we are in the process of divorce, I am having a hard time researching
what possibilities I my have, if any, to continue living and hold my job as a "freiberuflich"/freelance worker, even though we did not stay at the same address for the 3 years.

If anyone should have any information, I would be ever so grateful?

Have a great week!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: divorce and visa
Antwort
16.06.08 18:38 als Antwort auf mary harden.
Hi Paul

well, if my numbers don't fail, you will have three years in Germany somewhen this year. At that time as a "partner" of a German you can have a NE (Niederlassungserlaubnis) what means total freedom for you, you can stay here forever if you want.

If this is not the case, just let me know if you can read german. I can send you a couple of links to read.

But as you explained, I can guess your prognose is really good. You can get an independent visa (independent from your husband I mean).
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott