Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

If GC holder lost a job or wants to find a new one, how long he/she can sta

Umschalten
Maybe this was somewhere in the forum but I do not know. I am curious. For example, GC holder (old law) lost his/her job. How long he or she can stay in Germany for searching of a new place? And what happends in the case of GC holder accordingly to the new law? How long person has in this case? What kind of restrictions are there.

Thank you very much in advance.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: If GC holder lost a job or wants to find a new one, how long he/she can
Antwort
22.04.05 13:02 als Antwort auf Alex Chernov.
Take a look in your twin post from 15 minutes ago
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
22.04.05 13:07 als Antwort auf Alex Chernov.
Very good question indeed, but unfortunately without a concrete answer.

Ideally the person should be able to stay for the period of unemployment benefit payment but in practice, there are different approaches from the officers.

Unemployment benefit payment period is around 1 year for a person who worked 2 years at least. If you have more working years(and if you are old emoticon then this period may change slightly but it will not be longer than 2 years in any case, and then ALG II comes but this can not be claimed by foreigners with limited residence permits.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
22.04.05 13:24 als Antwort auf Alex Chernov.
It depends on what kind of visa you currently have.

a) Company binded ("Beschäftigung erlaubt nur als IT Fachkraft/Softwareentwickler bei Firma "Firmenname", erlischt mit Beendigung dieser Tätigkeit").

b) IT-binded ("Beschäftigung erlaubt nur als IT Fachkraft" "erlischt mit Beendigung dieser Tätigkeit").

c) Non-IT, Non-company binded ("Beschäftigung (uneingeschränkt) erlaubt") or "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet"

It is something that you can do for yourself right now. If you have received more than 36 salaries or stayed in Germany more than 48 Months, you are eglible for unlimited work permit (visa type like "c" here). In that case if you lose your job, your eglibility to use ALG should be limited only by overall duration of your visa. But after you have lost your job I assume it is not necessary to ask ABH for extension for the purpose of "Job suche". However I do not have practical experience in this direction, this is just a theory (mentioned many times on this forum, too.).

So (depending on the visa that you currently have) you have to put the "Antrag auf Aufhebung der Auflage" but BEFORE you have lost your job, in order to get the "c" type of residence permit.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
22.04.05 14:44 als Antwort auf Alex Chernov.
Thank you, everybody, for prompt answers. It is exatly what I wanted to know. I think people want as well. Thank you YO, lacrima, cedomir.

Does somebody have such experience already? Please post a message. It is really appreciated.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott