Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

without health insurance

Umschalten
without health insurance
Antwort
10.11.09 13:37
Hello
I was out of Germany for last 1.5 months and had no health insurance in Germany for last 2 months. I have NE. Is is wronge to be withoud health insurance?
I am going applying for ALG which may cover my next health insurance.
semm
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: without health insurance
Antwort
10.11.09 13:50 als Antwort auf semm kom.
why did you not apply ALG before?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.11.09 14:17 als Antwort auf semm kom.
I had to be outside Germany. Thus could not apply.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.11.09 14:26 als Antwort auf semm kom.
>> Is is wronge to be withoud health insurance?

Normally yes, but they cant force you to have one.

>>I am going applying for ALG which may cover my next health insurance.

Yes, but since you are applying late you may not get ALG for the next few months. The healthinsurance will be covered when you get it, but they may take money backwards for the past 2 months aswell. Just apply and see, not many people had such a situation as you do.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.11.09 14:57 als Antwort auf semm kom.
I just dialled a telephone to my health insurance. They told me that, either I pay by myself starting from last two months. With the start of ALG, it would switch automatically and I would get overlapping money back.
Or
I apply for ALG and leave the 2 months gap in health insurance, also no problem.

What I should do?

@raj
I may not get ALG for last 2 months but why no ALG for next few months?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.11.09 15:43 als Antwort auf semm kom.
>>I apply for ALG and leave the 2 months gap in health insurance, also no problem.

This is the better option, why pay when you dont have to.

>>I may not get ALG for last 2 months but why no ALG for next few months?

Since you did not tell from when you dont have a job i assumed it was before you went out of the country. According to the rule you have to apply for ALG as soon as you know that you will be without work. So if you register now, you get a sperrzeit for upto 12 weeks.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.01.10 16:16 als Antwort auf semm kom.
Hello,
I have come to know that starting from 1 January 2009, health insurance is compulsory for every one living in Germany.

Link:

http://www.insurance1.de/aktuell/2009-01-23/krankenversicherung-generelle-pflicht-zur-krankenversicherung-in-deutschland.html

I had no health insurance for last three months of 2009. I can also even pay now to cover this gap (just the matter of money). I can also leave this period uninsured.
What should I do?

Thanks
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.01.10 19:44 als Antwort auf semm kom.
As your KK told you could leave a gap...then why to pay now! (das machst keine sinn!!!)

Now when your ALG starts and in the worst they cut some money for KK (last months), then it's luck and take it as it comes!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott