Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Traveling and Niederlassungserlaubnis-Daueraufenthalt-EG status

Umschalten
I acquired the Niederlassungserlaubnis-Daueraufenthalt-EG a year and a half ago. I quit my job this year in July and have been traveling outside Europe for more than 4 months now. I intend to carry on with my travels for more than one year.
According to the EU Council Directive governing the Niederlassungserlaubnis-Daueraufenthalt-EG

Withdrawal or loss of status (Article 9)
1. Long-term residents shall no longer be entitled to maintain long-term resident status in the following cases:
(a)...
(b)....
(c)in the event of absence from the territory of the Community for a period of 12 consecutive months.

My question is: Will it be sufficient for me to return to Germany once with this period of 12 months to maintain my Niederlassungserlaubnis-Daueraufenthalt-EG status? If yes, is there a minimum period of time I need to be in Germany before leaving Europe on my travels again?

Thanks a lot in advance for you help.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Traveling and Niederlassungserlaubnis-Daueraufenthalt-EG status
Antwort
06.11.09 02:17 als Antwort auf Smita R.
Just visit germany once and take permission for the long absence, then you can be sure you will not be denied entry on your return. Many people have done that while still in germany and before moving out. For you it is still not late.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.11.09 08:11 als Antwort auf Smita R.
Thanks Raj.

I had not intended to leave the country for a long period. But I am bitten by the travel bug now! emoticon I do return to Germany in December. Where does one "take permission" for long absence from the country? Will a visit to my local Auslandsamt be sufficient?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.11.09 12:50 als Antwort auf Smita R.
Yes, thats where you have to go. So are you writing a travel blog??
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.11.09 18:22 als Antwort auf Smita R.
Yes, there is a blog. But there are more pictures on it than words.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted about how the process went on this thread. Cheers!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott