Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Returning to Germany

Umschalten
Returning to Germany
Antwort
07.06.10 06:36
Greetings trust7 members,

I have been visiting this forum for the past few weeks (since I started my job search) and it provided some great information for me.

Here is my question to experienced members.

I lived in Germany for 5+ years before immigrating to US. What are my chances of getting work and residence permit considering that I am Non-EU citizen (US) with degree in IT (5 years of experience) having previously lived in Germany legally? Does the fact that I have paid 60 months of RV in the past gives me any legal rights?

Thank you!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Returning to Germany
Antwort
07.06.10 06:58 als Antwort auf Almir Kalender.
Nevertheless, you will have to go through labour market test for your work permit(WP). A WP will help you to get residence permit and your past residence will not help you.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.06.10 06:57 als Antwort auf Almir Kalender.
I have received a job offer for the IT Manager position in Munchen and they have offered me 42,000 Euros which is significantly less than what I make now in the US.

Is this enough to live on for the family of four since my spouse will not be working right away?

Thank you!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.06.10 13:24 als Antwort auf Almir Kalender.
@bosman,

salary is too low for manager postion and that too in a city like munich.

actually you should get around 70k for this role in munich.

how amny years of experience you have?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.06.10 15:59 als Antwort auf Almir Kalender.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I have 5 years of experience as a manager plus few more years in a non-manager position.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
20.06.10 20:29 als Antwort auf Almir Kalender.
Munich is expensive. Subir79 is right 70 k - 75 k. But if you need job maybe you can ask employer to pay for rent.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
20.06.10 22:04 als Antwort auf Almir Kalender.
Hallo,

thats frustrating, with many years of experience 42K! I would not consider such a company! And as far as I know Munich is too expensive!

By the way, as you said you are in USA and earning/doing job as a Manager so, why are you considering Germany? It will be interesting to learn your thoughts (of course if you like to share)!

All the best...
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
20.06.10 23:40 als Antwort auf Almir Kalender.
@bosman,

please think thrice before joining this comapany!
is it a german company?

Rent in Munich is the highest, as you said you are with kids , therefore any accomodation in and around munich city of 3 rooms(unfurnished) would cost you approx 1000 euro a month.. it may go on higher side depending on location.

BTW: why you want to reloacte to Germany?
Please share with us !!

consider kids schooling, you would be needing another 1000-1500 euro if you want to put them in international school. So, you would be paying from your pockets rather saving anything.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
22.06.10 02:19 als Antwort auf Almir Kalender.
Only students get an annual salary of 40K, this is definitely no manager position or you have written a false figure here, To check it out ;)

A manager should get at least 60K. No less.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.06.10 16:31 als Antwort auf Almir Kalender.
Thank you everyone for comments. This is a position within hotel and restaurant industry which on average pays less. This offer is below my expectations and I wanted to see if my expectations (60-70k) are realistic. My parents are planning to retire in Switzerland and I would like to raise my kids in Europe.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott