Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Opening a branch office in Germany

Umschalten
Opening a branch office in Germany
Antwort
06.11.05 23:10
Hi- can someone help me!!! I am looking to form a company limited in Uk due to tax reason very soon but I will be operating from home, I mean from Germany.I will be the sole employer.
The open questions are:
Do I have to register the branch office to the "Gewerbeamt" to be able to place the company´s name on letterboxes /letterheads.
When I will derive my salary as Director, I think that I will have to pay taxes here in Germany.
Is it wiser to have a nominee Director and I will be only the representative here?
Will I have to pay the corporate tax here or in UK but I will be using mostly services offered by German based companies ?
Is my director´s salary in conflict with the ICH AG I already have?
Thank you for any ideas !!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Opening a branch office in Germany
Antwort
07.11.05 10:22 als Antwort auf mokuuhr bcv ,eorbjdf.
Hi,

there are many good reasons to form a UK Limited, but to save taxes, if you live and work in Germany are not a good reason, because it will not work!

Do not think the tax authorities in Germany are stupid and there are many persons who made this mistake.

Yes, you can use the Limited's name on letter heads and and business cards.

This public forum is not the right place to give detailed infos about this topic. You should join our 'Crash Course'...

http://www.trust7.com/en/forums/start_up/start_up_crash_course

There are many reasons to visit our course, I give you just one:

If you make something wrong with paying taxes, maybe no one will tell you. So you keep on doing this mistake for years and one fine day, you will get a letter from the tax office, that they will check all your accounts for the last years ( up to ten years). They will find this mistake for sure and they will ask you for the 'saved money' backwards and this could be your financial breakdown :-(

A nice week to all of you
Detlef
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.11.05 14:06 als Antwort auf mokuuhr bcv ,eorbjdf.
Hi again Detlef, I don´t want to be rude as Iam new to your forum but I have the impression that you just want to sell your crash course.My questions are direct and I do not want to "hide" any income and for preventing mistakes, I guess this is the job of an accountant and how you named it " Steuerberater"I was just asking whether one has to register at the Gewerbeamt and what about the corporate taxes ??? If I have to pay for a crash course to get these answers- well I can afford visiting a lawyer and make everything clear up. Here everything is so complicated !!!!!even a simple answer on a forum!!!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.11.05 14:36 als Antwort auf mokuuhr bcv ,eorbjdf.
Okay,

visit a lawyer and consultant!

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.11.05 14:39 als Antwort auf mokuuhr bcv ,eorbjdf.
--->Hi again Detlef, I don´t want to be rude as Iam new to your forum but I have the impression that you just want to sell your crash course.

Dear Friend, any casual user of this forum will understand that Detlef is more than ‘Just Selling’.
-->He goes out of his way to render assistance in areas where he need not even respond.
Please take it in the spirit of that was told to you, The topic is so vast and if an answer comes by you will have questions on top of it and further so the best is attend the course !! that’s what I would recommed too.

He was only considerate to you, with affection that you don’t make mistakes, which you will not know until its identified

My questions are direct and I do not want to "hide" any income and for preventing mistakes, I guess this is the job of an accountant and how you named it " Steuerberater"I was just asking whether one has to register at the Gewerbeamt and what about the corporate taxes ??? If I have to pay for a crash course to get these answers- well I can afford visiting a lawyer and make everything clear up. Here everything is so complicated !!!!!even a simple answer on a forum!!!!

Yes if you are convinced that you need to approach a lawyer, I would suggest VPMK !!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.11.05 15:04 als Antwort auf mokuuhr bcv ,eorbjdf.
@GCK2005

"Yes if you are convinced that you need to approach a lawyer, I would suggest VPMK !!!", then it will be said that you are trying to sell VPMK services ;-)

D.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.11.05 15:31 als Antwort auf mokuuhr bcv ,eorbjdf.
Ophelie
"Here everything is so complicated !!!!!even a simple answer on a forum!!!!"

think a bit.
it is true that here everything is complicated, but question is if everything is complicated how can answer be simple, even if it is on forum.

honestly your question is too complicated for forum. those things nobody on forum knows.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.11.05 15:39 als Antwort auf mokuuhr bcv ,eorbjdf.
Hi Ophelie!

I think you miss the basic points on the mention link from Detlef:

http://www.trust7.com/en/forums/start_up/start_up_crash_course

1.Katja Ponert, Lawyer from VPMK Berlin, specialized in Alien Law
=> (this will cover your question about registration at Gewerbeamt)

2.Ulrich Wiese, Tax Consultant, Berlin
=> (this will cover your question about corporate taxes)

3.Detlef von Hellfeld, Manager, Consultant, Trust7 Limited (can help you to extent your links)

You will get information about the different legal forms of companies, about the RULES OF REGISTRATION, about necessary permissions, visa and how to get them. About TAXES and regulations and many more useful tips.

The Cost: 149,- Euro, tax included, (THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY WILL JUST GIVE YOU A LECTURE AND SAY BYE. That’s also mean that they will answer your question.)

And I will agree with GCK2005 about (The topic is so vast and if an answer comes by you will have questions on top of it and further so the best is attend the course !! that’s what I would recommed too.)

And YES he is trying to sell crash course, and for that he will provide you information (necessary step, step by step procedure) and answer of your bunch of questions.
At the end you are right my friend everything is complicated, because life is not so easy and it is not possible to have every thing as you like.

Don’t take it personally and be cool..

Rabzeeee …….
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.11.05 16:47 als Antwort auf mokuuhr bcv ,eorbjdf.
Hi everybody. thanks for all the messages. As I´ve formally mentioned it. I didn´t want to be rude but I am not new to forums. I am normally attending more UK & US forum where infos are given for free- now whether the info is genuine or not !! it will be up to participants to question or search the web - that´s the point of a forum,istn´t it? to share ideas if someone has already been through all these. I have been in the meantime searching the web and I´ve got answers as I´ve said, genuine or not ???? Well for other readers, maybe this can be useful: I can open a unselbständige Zweigniederlassung which means registration everwhere and tax here also which means a lot of harassment. The 2nd but not least possibility is to act as a Handelsvertreter and be paid on a commission basis which is taxable in Germany. And if I spend more that 185 days out in Germany, I´m not considered as a german tax payer. Well I will pen off now.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott