Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

GC and jobless

Umschalten
GC and jobless
Antwort
14.03.05 15:25
I have the follow question: what happens, if a GC holder lose his job just 2 or 3 months before he can get NE (5 yeas time limit)? Must he at once leave Germany? Or does he get a AE for job searching and how long?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: GC and jobless
Antwort
14.03.05 15:45 als Antwort auf Toni Tom.
This depends ipon how long one has worked before. If he has worked for more than 1 year he can stay at least 6 months. If he has worked less than 1 year , then he is out of luck.
The total duration one can stay is calculated based on how long he has worked and contributed to the social system and his social condition.
But one has to have a job or at least a good financial state to apply for NE.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
14.03.05 15:48 als Antwort auf Toni Tom.
Good question..
I think it is not possible to give a general answer for such a situation. It may be handled more case by case basis.

Theoritically, you should be able to stay till your employment benefit payment finishes. (In case of a 4 year employment, this period should be one year at least. You may first apply for NE after you secure another job IMHO) A lawyer help may also ease the things a bit, in such a scenario.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
14.03.05 23:03 als Antwort auf Toni Tom.
Hi,

well, I´m just living a similar situation.

I´m unemployed about 6 months ago, unfortunately my former job activity wasn´t longer than 1 year...

So, as we all know, my staying here depends on the mood of the people in AB, and of course, of my savings.

Until the day I have had luck, I have to send via post reports about my currents job possibilities (interviews and so on) every 2 months to AB.

I was in AA last week to ask for the salary limit for GCs and my future considering the new inmigration law (based in what I read here about getting BE after 4 year in Germany).

They told me (friendly) that after 4 year here (in 1 1/2 months) I will get BE. They told me that I just have to go to AB and all will be done when I get the required time. They also told me that with BE I don´t have to worry about the salary limit.

So, as you see, I´m in a critical moment. I´m waiting the answer from AB corresponding to my last report (They could say "you must go NOW" ). I have some good job possibilities in other cities (nothing concrete yet) but with all the chaos about BE, NE and similar in the different ABs, for me would be better to stay here (Stuttgart) ´til I get BE, since it seems that here will be easy the process.

Uhmm, you might guess my level of stress in the comming weeks...

Alex
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18