Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Passport damange peeled off. Urgent

Umschalten
Passport damange peeled off. Urgent
Antwort
31.10.11 17:07
Hi,

My passport lamination on front page (with Photo and address) has come out, but all details are completely visible, readable and machine redable too.

Am in India. Unfortunately 2 days before I travelled to India, I observed it (earlier it was more than half a way intact) and had no time to apply for new passport in Germany.

Custom officer in India asked me to get damage control done in issuing office (Chandigarh). But they dont do it anymore and asked me to apply for new passport.

I wanted to apply for passport under Tatkal in India. Unfortunately it is idiotic complicated as I need metric certificate, marriage certificate, affidavits, letter of varification from an IAS level officer (almost impossible for me to arrange it) for reissue of passport. Moreover, all my docs are in Germany.

My question:

- I am returning to Germany (with family) in 10 days. Will I face problem at custom in India or in Germany?

Regards,
Tony
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Passport damange peeled off. Urgent
Antwort
31.10.11 17:55 als Antwort auf Tony Gill.
You just take your case to the higher officer if the lower level officers are not able to help you by explaining your stuffs. Dont take NO for an answer.

worst case take the risk of travelling with the damaged passport. Carry whatever documents(original or photocopied) you can to prove you live in germany etc etc. You may have to go through extra scrutiny, but should be possible to clear customs.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.11.11 13:06 als Antwort auf Tony Gill.
yeah, I got no other choice than walking through the customs with my current passport. Still, I was surprised because I always tend to critisize German paper work, but Indian buerocracy for a mere passport that too when one already has 2 passports s@#$5. They have outsourced whole passport making process to TCS. It was much better when normal Government employee were handling such cases.

You could meet officers and explain your problem but TCS asks for Token in case one wants to meet someone. You will get token in case you have arranged for an appointment online, and one can get online appointment only when he/she has to submit papers etc. and not simply for seeking advice without have complete set of papers because in my case all papers were not mentioned online.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.11.11 17:12 als Antwort auf Tony Gill.
This happened with me.
my half front page lamination was damaged .
Authorities here (when traveling to India)asked me to get new one or repair it.

back in India authorities said the same,I didnt listen to them,they double checked my identity in DB and everything was fine.

Back to Germany ,Indian Authorities at checkin create problem and it took some time (they check my name in computer and all stuff)they issued me warning but let me go.(I just remain calm as it was no big deal for me and innocent.)I hope u r not having some Muslim name.

Back Germany authorities said haha cheap indian material :-) they check my record in database and Everything was fine.

back here I made it new.
-----------
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.11.11 23:02 als Antwort auf Tony Gill.
@deathinc
Wow i like such Indians who put their own country down. Keep it up. Tusi aap great ho.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.11.11 12:41 als Antwort auf Tony Gill.
I am sorry to hear this Tony. I hope you managed nicely to come back to Germany.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
11.11.11 20:23 als Antwort auf Tony Gill.
reading through the post, you seem like a half educated and half illitrate... looks like a case of "santa-banta" (tonygill=deathinc)
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
13.11.11 22:07 als Antwort auf Tony Gill.
well said xyzxyz, these guys mishandle their own passports and then blame Indian quality and that too accept it in front of others. Today Indians across the world do not carry the respect like citizens of other countries because some of such persons have sold its self respect.
I normally don't get into such mudslinging, but it troubles me to see how my countrymen has let my country down. I have a passport issued in 1992, even though its expired, not a single sticker has come out. Even a Made in Germany can be spoiled if mishandled.
I am sorry if i insult others due to this post. i will comment no more.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
14.11.11 19:54 als Antwort auf Tony Gill.
Hi,

Yesterday, I made it back to Germany. Surprised to see such remarks. I know, there are people in India who might not accept truth in Slumdog millionare. What's harm in critisizing own country? I think thats the difference between us and Germans (at least). They keep on critisizing own country even though they get a lot what we do not get in India, but we in the name of "izzat" and "self-respect" just close our eyes, leave our motherland and keep on telling others that we lived there in heaven and found "ALL WELL" there. And I DID NOT CRITISIZED INDIA BUT THE PROCESS OF RE-ISSUING OF PASSPORT IN INDIA.

So trivial remarks what "XYZXYZ" and "savion" have written. I never said that the quality of passport was not good, but truely I have nothing against if "deathinc" pointed that out. It was not good. Just give in Google "passport damange", it will automattically compliment it with India. Just google(.com) passport lamination peeled off, the first result will be about India. May be the machine that laminated passports in 2002-05 lot was not technically good.

Putting country down?? We people keep on critisizing German embassy all the time here and have rare seen comments from German arguing about it. Just retrospect what you have written.

Savion, were you with me when I and someone else mishandled or raped our passports? I have passport issued in 1985, which is intact and attached to my current passport. Only the current passoport lamination is peeled off. Do not say anything if you know nothing. Now if I tell you that lacs of girls have been killed in India before they are born, thousands of people lose their lives because of unorganised traffic in India or 8 Indians in Germany were hunted by nazis would you areally ask me to shut-up? 1.76 Lacs Crores in 2g scam, sikhs, hindus, muslims killed in riots, jews killed in WW2, that might be critsizing, but not the passport issue. Accept what happens in our country. You wont lose "Izzat". I did not make any story, that was true does not matter if you wanted to hear, that I was offered Tea by RPO and they asked me to sleep and stop worrying.

You have not insulted anyone savion, but surely offended for someone who just seeked helped and answered unharmed to comment of "Raj" who helped me by asking to see some officer in passport office. What true is true.

Now, I would really like to critisize, as I was told by RPO staff (TCS) in India that re-issue of passport is same as getting a fresh one which means. I had to prove again, that I was an Indian. Dont you understand the point? All papers were not mentioned on their wesite. thats frustating, if you go there wait for 3 hrs and sent back because you can not see anyone who will listen to you. And if you lose passport in India and all your papers are in Germany, then it might take weeks to get a new passport and worst is if you do not live there from where police can send person for verification (in that case say JAI MATA DI and try your luck). It is ILLOGICAL.

Crapiest and uneducated remarks from Savion and real XYZ kinda comments from XYZXYZ to create issue out of "nothing". You people are one of those who leave their countries

Regards,
Tony
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
14.11.11 20:59 als Antwort auf Tony Gill.
@tonygill, Firstly i did not respond to your point. my one liner for your essay like story. come back to india and change the system if you can.

BTW, i have returned to India and doing my bit. I am not like Anna Hazare figting for laws but i act against corruption by not paying bribe and have personally made 10 trips to BSNL office to get internet connection for my outsourcing firm.

I am not showing off but this is my small contribution to my country called INDIA.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
15.11.11 00:02 als Antwort auf Tony Gill.
Had Anna Hazzare would have thought the way you do, he would have never started a campaign agains corruption that reflects how corrupt unfortunately my country is and how deadly we need laws. Good that he did not consider country's image and self-respect.

To be honest, I am of different opinion. I would bribe Rs 50 if I have to save a Rs 500 fine and even a German would do that. Only strict laws can stop people doing so.It is all about system. I would pay or try to bribe a police man in India but not in Germany. Why people in India do not drive in lane but same persons in Germany would do that.

You did leave Germany because you might have found better prespectives or due to personal reasons. I am in Germany because of same reason.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott