Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

work permit question

Umschalten
work permit question
Antwort
08.08.07 16:21
Hi,

I am a Master student from TU. I will end my Master studies by next month(september,2007). I have a job offer from a company. They have given me the contract and I have to start from 1st october,2007.

I want to apply for my work permit. I wanted to know if the auslanderbehörde will ask for my degree or exmatriculation certificate for work permit processing ??.

I went to the university asking them to give me a letter which says I will be completing my master soon but they said they need a proof which says such a letter is needed for work permit processing ??.

Besides,I have see another form called "stellenbeschreibung", do I have to take this with me also ??

Any ideas or inputs on these questions would be great. thanks in advance,

BR,
sohel
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: work permit question
Antwort
08.08.07 21:49 als Antwort auf yousuf sohel.
Stellenbeschreibung should be filled by your employer. Pass it on to them. They will fill it up and return to you (sometimes along with copies of advertisements they made for that position).

Also you need some document which says you are finished. If you have submitted your Master thesis your professor may give you a letter (after going thru your thesis) that you finished your studies and passed, but expecting the final grade for thesis.

I will say it completly depends on the person in visa office. Some people also ask for Exmatriculation. dont be scared. GO to them and ask them what they need.... you will surely get in 1 to 2 months your work permit.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.08.07 22:01 als Antwort auf yousuf sohel.
Thanks prabath, your reply was helpful. I was a bit scared though,

regards,

sohel.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.10.07 13:17 als Antwort auf yousuf sohel.
Hi,

Just dont want to start a new thread. Taking suggestions from this site I applied for work permit on 2nd october,2007 ( I provided a letter of my Master study completion) and they told me to come after 4 weeks. My company and my residence are both at the same place (Berlin).

But the problem is till now (19th oct,2007) arbeitsamt did not contact my company for any kind of clarification or documents. Do you people think it is something to be panicked about and I should go and ask at the Ausländerbehorde or should I wait for 4 weeks completion.

My company was also asking me to give contact number and name of responsible person at arbeitsamt so that they can directly talk but I dont know where to approach. Any suggestion on these would be valuable,

thanks and best regards,

sohel.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.10.07 15:38 als Antwort auf yousuf sohel.
Hi,

it is no need to get panic. 4 weeks are more than normal.

Nevertheless, it can be helpful if your new company calls the employment agency. I am not allowed to write the number here, but you can call me and I will give you the dialthrough number of the person in charge.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
19.10.07 16:11 als Antwort auf yousuf sohel.
Hi friends, I also dont want to start a new thread. I am writing my work permit related question here. I have applied 5 weeks back for WP. until now no answer. One problem is my company and my present residence are in different states. Can anybody tell how to proceed further to make things happen faster?
regards
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
30.10.07 18:30 als Antwort auf yousuf sohel.
Hi,

I would like to thank members of this site and specially Detlef for providing guidance in work permit procedure. I got it exactly in 4 weeks without any hassles.

best regards,

sohel.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3