Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Permanent Residence Permit PR

Umschalten
Permanent Residence Permit PR
Antwort
24.11.04 16:29
Hi *,

We are all interested in the PR, but I have heard that this permit is not REALLY PERMANENT!! if we leave Germany for more than 6 months then it is CANCELLED! In addition to other cases.. Does anyone know if this is true??? And does anyone now anything about the other cases??
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Permanent Residence Permit PR
Antwort
24.11.04 16:41 als Antwort auf Hino Mino.
Yes it is true..
this is not special to German PR. Most of the countries have such rules for their PR. Example : USA

so, you should better get the citizenship before you leave the country longer than 6 months.. emoticon

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.11.04 16:48 als Antwort auf Hino Mino.
that is true but things are not that bad.
first if you want to stay out of De for more than 6 months you can ask for longer period and you'll get it without problems.
second even if you stay longer without saying anything they will rarely check it.
even if they check it they can do nothing if you did not receive stamp in your pass
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.11.04 17:19 als Antwort auf Hino Mino.
Hi *,

Where we have to inform that we will be away from DE for long time.. btw., I am leaving this country, but my visa is valid till end of 2007.. if I want to visit sometime for a change can I come(visit) without any problems?

Srikanth
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.11.04 18:09 als Antwort auf Hino Mino.
depends on country (your pass).
with Croatian pass I do not need Visa to visit De. only to work here.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.11.04 16:09 als Antwort auf Hino Mino.
Well Lacrima I am not sure about the USA because I know that when you have a greencard in the USA then the cancellation period is much more than 6 months.. NOT SURE but most probably..

So now comes the second question, if lets say we were living in another country after getting the PR and comming every 6 months.. WILL WE STILL GET THE CITIZENSHIP after three years of having the PR?? (Ofcourse after doing the exam) Or is there also a certain amount of pension we have to pay as a prerequist??
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
25.11.04 17:21 als Antwort auf Hino Mino.
I think it is not enough just to enter Germany for day or two and then to return back home. You must pay taxes here.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.11.04 13:33 als Antwort auf Hino Mino.
Does anyone have a concrete idea about the three years after PR?? I mean a law or so..
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
29.12.04 14:25 als Antwort auf Hino Mino.
i have a PR, was out of the country longer than 6mths and had no trouble getting back in. I have a new passport however and went to get my PR in my new passport and they have seen i was out of the country longer than 6 mths. I am recently separated and have been told that my PR will be taken away from me and be replaced with a temporary one. Does anyone have any advice as to how i can keep it? if i explain why i was longer than 6mths if it would make a difference in me being able to keep the PR?
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
29.12.04 14:46 als Antwort auf Hino Mino.
Hallo KY,
As you would have seen we are all people waiting to get PR sometime or the other. So the best person you should contact without fail should be a lawyer. This is serious business you are talking about and you would be worse off getting guesses and advices from novices. Just go to the Services section of this website. Maybe u can use the lawyer service.

cheers
Rajesh
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3