Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Jurisdiction - Work Permit Application

Umschalten
Hi,

After picking up quite a few tips which definitely made life in Germany easier, I am back for some advice on my workpermit application.

I belong to the non-EU comunity and am in Germany for the past year and half. I am on a international company transfer for two years. I live and work in South West Germany. I have recently bagged a job offer from a German firm in North Germany. My question is at which Auslanderbehorde must I apply for my WorkPermit, the one where I reside or the one where my prospective employer is situated. Some feedback on this would be appreciated.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Jurisdiction - Work Permit Application
Antwort
23.08.09 16:47 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
You need to apply for workpermit in Auslanderbehorde, where you live now (where your Anmeldung is).
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.08.09 13:42 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
@UMTS11

On speaking with the person at the Auslanderbehorde this morning, she did say that when I applied for my WP at the place of residence it would take a longer period for it to come through. She also mentioned that when my prospective employer did this at their place its much simpler and quicker. She did mention that when I applied here, my application would in any case be sent to the Arbeitsamt at the employer location. Well I guess I will just let my employer take care of it. Is this correct. Any takes on this
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.08.09 14:23 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
If you will apply at new aussländerbehörde then you must wait for 2-3 weeks, as your file will be transferred from old ABH to the new one. Once your file is at new ABH then it will be the same procedure, arbeitsamt bla bla bla, So its better do it now at the Old ABH.

Good Luck!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
24.08.09 14:55 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
>>Well I guess I will just let my employer take care of it.

That would be the best option.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
01.09.09 13:45 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
Hi,

Me just spoke with the HR dept of the proposed employer. They say that they have sent a 'Vertrag'(i thought it wud be an 'Antrag') to the ABH in this regard and are awaiting confirmation from the Arbeitsamt. All sounds fine until I realise I have not recieved my Work Contract papers from my future employer yet. On this the HR ppl said it would be sent to me after the ABH/Arbeitsamt confirms. I always assumed that the signed contract was part of the work permit application. I'm kinda lost here guys and would like some feedback on how these things work here. Got me pretty worked up as it was first of all harrowing to find a job in this market!!

Would it help to know that the ABH did want a copy of my current Aufenthaltstitel and I sent this to them through my future employer
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.09.09 11:08 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
Hi,

Any input on this wud be appreciated!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.09.09 13:01 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
Looks little fishy, not giving the contract before applying for the workpermit. Please ask your employer to send you the contract(soft copy) without fail. Otherwise whatever you have negotiated with them maynot be in the contract and then you would be forced to go with this company because the work permit has been already issued.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.09.09 14:40 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
@ Raj

I perhaps should have rephrased my earlier post. Its not the terms and conditions of the contract being changed that I'm worried about. My query was on the WP application process itselt. My assumption of the process goes like this:
Get a job....procure a job contract from the employer....apply for a WP at the ABH with the relevant docs(including the standard forms for employer/employee)..This is sent for approval to the Arbeitsamt....once approved I get my Aufenthaltstitel stamped.

As far as I know in my case this isnt the way it it is progressing....Is there another way this is done??? My employer is directly in touch with the ABH/Arbeitsamt. Could it be for the WP approval(i suppose so)....and in the case of this being approved do I get an approval doc with which I can apply for my Aufenthaltstitel. I hope I havnt confused you on this!

Regards n thanx in advance
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.09.09 15:11 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
>>As far as I know in my case this isnt the way it it is progressing....Is there another way this is done??? My employer is directly in touch with the ABH/Arbeitsamt. Could it be for the WP approval(i suppose so)....and in the case of this being approved do I get an approval doc with which I can apply for my Aufenthaltstitel. I hope I havnt confused you on this!

I dont think you have anything to worry about. Your employer is taking care of stuffs and because of that it may proceed faster in my opinion. Just wait for the confirmation letter and you can change your visa with this letter. Or this confirmation letter could be sent to your local ABH and they will give the visa accordingly.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
03.09.09 15:12 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
@JansHans

Sometimes it so happens that the company who offers a candidate wants to be sure if the candidate has no problems with getting a work permit and so they contact the arbeitsamt.

Believe me, the companies normally have a good relation with the beamters in arbeitsamt (not all companies). Hence, they contact the arbeitsamt for information on you getting a worpermit. If they get a positive response, then you will get your contract copy (hard copy). So, I believe this isn't strange. But, the company shouldnt have a problem sending you a soft copy by mail in the mean time.

This is my opinion.

All the best!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
15.09.09 13:38 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
Hi Guys,

thanx for the responses...an update here....I have info from my future company that my WP has been approved...3 weeks from the date of application...kinda relieved now.....and now on to my next question....

raj..u were right when u said come clauses could be changed my the company which were decided before...i have asked them to reinstate these...waiting for feedback....They also mentioned that my Work Contract would be for two years...which is also my new WP validity....I have asked for an unlimited Work Contract in view of the extensions in the years ahead. Just incase they ditch extending my Work contract after two yrs.....any insight here guys
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
15.09.09 14:07 als Antwort auf Jans Hans.
>>I have info from my future company that my WP has been approved...3 weeks from the date of application..

congrads. Considering the present situation it was fast

>>raj..u were right when u said come clauses could be changed my the company which were decided before...i have asked them to reinstate these...waiting for feedback....They also mentioned that my Work Contract would be for two years...which is also my new WP validity....I have asked for an unlimited Work Contract in view of the extensions in the years ahead. Just incase they ditch extending my Work contract after two yrs.....any insight here guys

Unlimited workcontract is always good. Convice them to do that as it will save you problems later.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott