Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: converting internship visa to work visa

Toggle
Answer
4/16/14 8:17 AM as a reply to raghuram kalyanam.
internship for registered students only. Interns to foreign non-students opens the door to exploitation. Hence this loophole has been plugged.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/14 3:05 PM as a reply to raghuram kalyanam.
All German degrees requires mandatory internships (pflichtpraktium) by law and the companies get a tax break for this. Which means almost all companies create internship places for students but in most cases they specify whether this is for a pflichtpraktikum. However, I have heard of cases where some high profile companies like VW or Daimler were able to bring in students from abroad for 6 months international internships. For you being a non-student, this is a non-sequiter. If your ultimate goal is to find a job in Germany I highly recomend some easy Fachhochschule/uni of applied sciences 1 year masters degree where you can find HiWi part-time programming jobs easily that pay around 500 for 10 hours a week of work. Most internships pay similar amounts but for 35-40 hours a week.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/14 5:19 PM as a reply to raghuram kalyanam.
raghu112:
Hi

I am a non EU national. While i am a student I went to Germany to do a 2 month internship. I liked it very much.I have completed my masters in my country and now I am about to complete 2 yr experience in IT field. I have few questions regarding internships for experienced  people.

1)Will there be any possibility that i can get internship now in Germany not being a student?
2)If so I could get an internship and then later find a job by the end of internship,will i be able to change by internship visa to work visa?

one more asking how to exploit the system.

internships are intended for students from germany/international to gain practical experience and not for someone who is experienced to exploit the system.

if you have 2yrs of IT experience and think are good enough then apply to jobs directly in Germany.

-coolguy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/14 6:14 PM as a reply to coolguy munich.
Thanks for your suggestions guys. Anyways I don't intend to exploit the system.I just wanted to know whether the approach is the right one !!

Now I prepared my lebenslauf. I will start applying from next month. Will they consider guys with A2 level of German provided rest others skills are ok? 

Also Give me your suggestions for making my lebenslauf better.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/14 5:57 AM as a reply to raghuram kalyanam.
A2 will get a consideration if they cannot find a native speaker for any job. They prefer native speaker in general. There are severe shortages in some areas,where they do recruit people with no German knowledge.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/14 11:46 AM as a reply to raghuram kalyanam.
raghu112:
Thanks for your suggestions guys. Anyways I don't intend to exploit the system.I just wanted to know whether the approach is the right one !!

Now I prepared my lebenslauf. I will start applying from next month. Will they consider guys with A2 level of German provided rest others skills are ok? 

Also Give me your suggestions for making my lebenslauf better.

That was a polite approach of asking in the forum how to exploit the system. If  you were in Germany earlier on a "Internship" should have known the rules of it.

If you are in the IT filed there are pretty good chances of finiding a job without any Germany langugae requirement.
I suggest to you the job route instead of "internship" route and exploit the system.

-coolguy
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18