Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Vacating house before contract expires

Toggle
Hi.
I occupied a new house on 1st March 2005. It is given in the Mietvertrag that I can vacate the house earliest in the end of February 2006, with 3 month notice. But I want to quit this house soon, may be giving 2 or 3 months notice. Is it possible?

If I quit it early, will I lose the advance I paid? Also, will I have to pay extra rent for the months I did not live here? If so, for how many months?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Vacating house before contract expires
Answer
7/3/05 3:31 AM as a reply to K S.
Best way: find a new tenant yourself and agree his candidacy with your landlord
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/05 5:52 PM as a reply to K S.
Have you talked to your landlord about this? bear this in mind that his opinion is the most important factor in this case. if he allows you to quit the appartment without charging you anything, your problem is sloved automatically. if not, he can ask for whatever compensations mentioned on the contract since you are the one going to break the contract. So call your landlord, sit down with him to talk about your problem in order to rearch the compromised agreement(for instance, like answer above, find anther tenant). I believe if he is reasonable person, he won't make too much trouble to you, after all, tenant is much more easier to be found than the appartment on the market.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/05 7:54 PM as a reply to K S.
I also switched apartments in April and on this occasion the neighbouring lanlord told me that some new law was put into power recently that tells that if mieter has to move because of the new job, it is allowed for him to move out earlier than specified in the contract - maybe you'd like to check that.

There is also a lot of info online, like www.immobilienscout24.de (go to Umzug and then to Rechte und Pflichten.

BTW, many insurance companies are offering packet insurance against Vermieter and Arbeitgeber and it costs me ~10-12€ monthly. In case of need, one does not have to pay the lawyer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/05 8:20 PM as a reply to K S.
Hi glide,

Do you have any pointer to what you referred as "New law or change in law" for Arbeitnehmer, if he want to relocate due to job?

Also, you referred to your rechtsschutz(10-12€) including Beruf u. Wohnschutz.

With which Insurance company are you registerred?

I am paying 20€/month for (Private,Beruf u. Wohn.) with DAS.

Thanks for sharing info,

GC
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/05 3:26 AM as a reply to K S.
"In case of need, one does not have to pay the lawyer."

if there are good chances to win the case ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/05 3:58 PM as a reply to K S.
LOL, your local Mietverein should solve all your problems but of course not for free but with a very tiny fee
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/05 4:48 PM as a reply to K S.
@A.T.

No, I'm afraid I don't have any link. This neighbour just told me that she had to let some mieter go earlier than expected because of this new law. So, it shouldn't be just theory.

I've got this insurance contract from Allianz. Take care - those insurance sellers have the right to negotiate in certain companies; ask them to make you an offer. I have had some other insurance policies at Allianz and I'va asked them to give me "the real price" emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/05 8:14 PM as a reply to K S.
"I have had some other insurance policies at Allianz and I'va asked them to give me "the real price""

they can increase "the real price" every year in your case, so that you will pay the same as others eventially ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/05 1:28 PM as a reply to K S.
I could also be hit by a car or by lightning every day in the year, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the days when I'm not (being hit).

They can try to increase the price as well as I can try to negotiate again or to end the contract. And as far as I know, Allianz needs contracts (money) badly ever since they bought Dresdner bank.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/05 2:42 PM as a reply to K S.
Thanks for all ur inputs.
I have put forth my case to the landlord, and am awaiting his reply.
Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/8/05 11:35 PM as a reply to K S.
Atlast, I have found a tenant as replacement. Thanks for ur advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott