Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

working with indians

Toggle
working with indians
Answer
9/21/07 9:45 PM
Hi,

My name is Stefan and I work as a Team Leader in a good tele-com company. I have heard this forum is for discussing issues concerning visa for foreign experts living in Germany.
I will be incharge of managing a team of indians, they are actually coming from our partner company in india (Outsourcing company)

I am little bit thinking to manage the group effectively, can some of you advice me How to get best work done effectively from indians.
As a manager, I also have decided to attend an intercultural training in coming weeks. I will also be happy to receive some tipps from this forum.

I will be highly appreciating your feedback...

With Friendly Greetings
Stefan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: working with indians
Answer
9/22/07 1:06 PM as a reply to Stefan L..
@Stefan75

..can some of you advice me How to get best work done effectively from indians.

There is no fixed chicken-curry formula to make these indians perform any better than a normal german. Just treat them as your treat your german colleagues and everything would be fine.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/07 1:23 AM as a reply to Stefan L..
From my experience (telco as well) - Indian colleagues (at least from Tata & Wipro) quite often are much more professional and even if they have less experience in some areas - it takes a lot less time for them to catch-up compared to Westerns.
I don't think that anything special is required to "get best work done effectively from indians"...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/07 9:25 PM as a reply to Stefan L..
my 2 cents:

try to be both a Leader and a Manager
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/07 4:23 PM as a reply to Stefan L..
Try to learn/consider the cultural differences first and then act accordingly.

Regards,
Marius
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/07 2:41 PM as a reply to Stefan L..
hai,

First try to be a good boss and do not show them that you’re from a third world country (I hope your are not that kind). If you put your 100% efforts in dealing the project, they give you 110% results. But do not expect 100% results from them if you manage only 50% effectively; they even produce 20% results only. Keep asking the results frequently; do not expect the results by just giving the instructions one time.

enjoy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/07 4:00 PM as a reply to Stefan L..
Hi,

Dont try anything special. Indians are known for their flexible nature. You will get alwys 110%. Just provide good and friendly atmosphere.

I would avoid to go into details such as culturl training etc. Moreover all indians given training on other countires culture when they plan to leave for work for that country. I guess Western work culture is best and all indians appreciate it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/07 1:07 AM as a reply to Stefan L..
Hallo Stefan

proper understanding of ones culture & buisness practices
is key to any buisness success.

so do
some <googling!> of InterCultural Indian aspects
in Net.

http://www.stylusinc.com/business/india/business_india.htm

viele erfolg mit Indische Team !
Venkatesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/07 5:10 PM as a reply to Stefan L..
Give a task and follow up regularly. If you think, all the results would be on your table at the end of the deadline, its just wishful.

Do treat people with respect (as with anyone) and don't use direct words to pinpoint the mistakes. Some Indians, do get offended by direct feedback.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/07 12:31 PM as a reply to Stefan L..
@Stefan

Have a look, this might help you a lot ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_iQim8Mtw
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18