Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Visa for Separated Wife

Toggle
Visa for Separated Wife
Answer
3/14/10 3:54 AM
Hi, My Name Jeraldine. I would like to ask a favor if you can give some information about visa. I am married with a german Nationalfor 9 years and we live here since 3 yrs. I am a FIlipino National. We are applying soon for our separation or divorce. I am holding a residence visa for 3 yrs which will exoired on June 2010. My question is: am i allowed to stay here in germany while waiting for divorce? WIll they allow me to renew my ressidence visa when me and my husband are living separate?.I am working and no children.Hoping your reply. Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visa for Separated Wife
Answer
3/14/10 2:50 PM as a reply to Jeraldine Cordova.
Hi Jeraldine,

this might apply to you:
http://www.info4alien.de/gesetze/aufenthg.htm#31
so you would get at least one more year and in some cases an NE.

also how long have you been living in Germany? In some cases you may get your citizenship after 2 years of living in germany and 3 years of marriage.
(http://www.info4alien.de/einbuergerung/gesetze/9stag.htm)

this is not legal advice...

Regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/10 3:35 AM as a reply to Jeraldine Cordova.
Hi alvarez, thank you so much for the reply. im residing here in Germany since 3 yrs. We are married since 9 years. So it means if we are not yet divorce, i have still 1 year to stay..My sister can sponsor me for a visit visa but i think i am not allowed to continue my work. About German passport, is there any chance even we are going to separate???
Regards
Je
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/10 1:05 PM as a reply to Jeraldine Cordova.
Hi Jeraldine,

i think in this case the important thing is that you get legal advice from an immigration lawyer, and that you act fast. Also I noticed I made a mistake in the Link before, as this would cover the situation if you are married to a foreigner. My apologies. The right link is this:

http://www.info4alien.de/gesetze/aufenthg.htm#28

§ 28 (2) Dem Ausländer ist in der Regel eine Niederlassungserlaubnis zu erteilen, wenn er drei Jahre im Besitz einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis ist, die familiäre Lebensgemeinschaft mit dem Deutschen im Bundesgebiet fortbesteht, kein Ausweisungsgrund vorliegt und er sich auf einfache Art in deutscher Sprache verständigen kann. Im Übrigen wird die Aufenthaltserlaubnis verlängert, solange die familiäre Lebensgemeinschaft fortbesteht.

So if you have completed three years, you could claim the NE if you can speak basic German.

This is not legal advice.

-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/10 2:34 PM as a reply to Jeraldine Cordova.
Hi again A.. I can speak good German. So where i have to ask an advice in Landratsamt or should i take a lawyer.. Layer is very expensive here..Hehehe.. Your infor helped me lots to motivate.. Now that i knew i have right to stay here while waiting for divorce, it's ok.
Thank you again.
Have a nice Day
Je
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7