Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Experience with getafreelancer.com?

Toggle
Experience with getafreelancer.com?
Answer
9/20/05 5:11 AM
Hi,
Anyone has experience with freelancing websites like http://www.getafreelancer.com/ ??

I have some number of questions on this topic.

For ex,The very first question is..
How the tax system works?

I would really welcome any of your views on this topic.

Thanks in advance,
Jelda
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Experience with getafreelancer.com?
Answer
9/20/05 11:23 AM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
All I can say is that it's hard to get projects there :-) you need to already have a lot of things done so that you can show it to potential customers in a PMB.

I tried to get some but I never succeeded and about the taxes, AFAIK you don't have to declare them if the monthly income you get out of the projects is lower than 400 euros, but in fact, if you don't declare them if they are higher, I don't think one will check it. In fact, I never thought about the taxes when registering on that site.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 1:28 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
I have a project already.And I want to do it in my homeland India.

So I want to also know how a freelance system in India works also.

Thanks for any ideas..

Jelda
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 2:26 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
Hi Jelda,

AFAIK , software export from india is not Taxed and i know that. If you do that as a freelancer, it is even more tough to declare, but if you do it on behalf of a company. Company will consider the income as income from Software Export and it will not be taxed from the CST.

State Tax Does not apply, i suppose. But you can consult the local tax guys for that.

Sudeep.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 2:37 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
Hi All,

I would like to know if i can do freelancing job, on spouse visa.

As I will be on accompanying spouse, i will not be eligible to take up any employment in Germany.

I am curious to know if I can do outsourcing jobs.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Ruban.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 2:53 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
If you stay in Germany more than 6 months + 1 day, it is considered that you have to pay taxes in Germany for every money you gain, no matter the type of sources and the location of the sources. Of course there are some "tax-free" activities, but freelancing in general is not between them. Also other regulations are valid, like the 400€ mentioned above.

Having said that, in Germany you are allowed to gain some money only with the right work-permit. Freelancing is in the category "selbstständig" and for that you need EG. I think you already followed the threads about how the spouse can obtain EG.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/05 4:22 AM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
HI,
How does any government knows,that I worked on particular freelancing projects.Because as I understood from those type of websites, every transaction goes through them.

Interesting!

Thats where I am really interested on anyone who really worked on that kind of projects.

I have also some other questions to clarify(not about taxes)..like for example...

As I understood from getafreelancer.com,
As a golden member (10 dollar monthly registration) you don't need to pay any comission to them.

But rentacoder.com is a littlebit different.Here I also would like to know something about "Bulletinboard" bidding type.

Thanks in advance for any type of your views,

Jelda
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/05 12:22 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
@Jelda

please drop me a mail at lonely_star02@yahoo.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/05 9:42 AM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
Yes elance.com is also one of the websites which you can try
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18