Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: German Citizenship + Job

Antwort
21.04.10 10:01
All

I have a small problem. I am eligible for German Citizenship around March next year but my company wants to transfer me now to Luxembourgh. Here are my questions -

A) Can I show a residence in Germany and work in Luxembourg and apply for German Citizenship with a Luxembourg Job Contract ?

emoticon Is it absolutely must that one has to give evidence of employment during the application for citizenship or a bank statement is enough as well. In other words if I resign from my company can I still be eligible for Citizenship ?

Looking forward to your support.

Regards

Deborshi
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.04.10 15:06 als Antwort auf Deb Gupta.
Hi Deb,

I am having a similar challenge as well. You can read my post through this link.

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/ne_status__2

I enquired in Duesseldorf foriegn office. She told me the following.
1. You can work in another country within EU provided you have a work visa for the other country.
2. Your count down of stay will come to a halt. The count of number of days will continue from where you left once you return back to Germany (within 6 years if its a EU country and 2 years for non EU country)
3. All said and done, if you are keen on german citizenship, your intentions of moving in to other country will be suspected as many people do take german citizenship and typically go to UK or other EU countries.
4. You are not allowed to show residence in Germany when you work in other country. You can show your germany home as 2nd house hold. The idea is where you spend most of the days in a week is considered a primary house hold.

These are only based on my verbal discussions in Foriegn office in her broken English. Please do let me know if you find more info on this.

BTW, why will you resign from the company?

Infact I decided to move on with my company to other country jeopardising German citizenship.

Cheers !
B
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.04.10 16:43 als Antwort auf Deb Gupta.
@Deborshi

many 1000s of people are commuting (from germany, belgium, holland etc.) to work in Luxembourg...so one could live @German side and work in Lux..now you have to clear with Landratsamt or ABH how this time would be counted, as you have only 1 wohnsitz and that is DE emoticon

"Derzeit pendeln täglich rund 17.000 Arbeitnehmer alleine aus Deutschland nach Luxemburg, wo sie ihrer Arbeit nachgehen."
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.04.10 16:48 als Antwort auf Deb Gupta.
of course here is the tax side regd. working in Lux and living in DE
http://www.diegrenzgaenger.lu/index.php?p=edito&id=3011
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3