Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

How to get the salary? Help needed.

Toggle
How to get the salary? Help needed.
Answer
8/22/08 1:25 PM
My husband is doing his PhD. We were not sure whether he was allowed to do an extra work in his free time. He saw an advertisement to work from 3Am – 6Am in a Bakery morning. He called them and they asked to come the next day. But without any talks they have asked him to work though he has told them he is doing his PhD.
They have asked him to work from 3Am – 8 Am Monday to Saturday, but without any discussion for payment and terms. After a week when we insisted they told its 7 euros per Hr and he gave his passport copy. At the end of third week they asked for legal approval from visa office so he went to the visa office and was told that he can work if his institute agrees. Since he didn’t want his institute to know this he said he cant work any further and moreover his health his spoiled due to continues work for 16hrs. He worked for 3 weeks and his salary amounts roughly 600 euros. He stopped working. They say that they need a legal work permit to pay that amount for tax purposes. They ask him to bring his friends passport copy, who has legal permit. Which is also an illegal way to get the money. He worked very hard getting up early in the morning and its almost 45 days he didn’t get a single pay. He travelled 10km in his cycle daily. Please share your suggestions. Mistakes is on both side.
0 (0 Votes)

Looking for Design Engineer (Konstrukteur)
Answer
8/22/08 9:36 PM as a reply to p s.
Dear members,

i am looking for a Design engineer (Konstrukteur) who has some knowledge of Pro Engineer / UGS software. the main task will be design the plastic component for the home appliance system. this is a permanent position, not through consultant firm.

if any of you are interested, please contact with me personally. hier is my email address:

luckyhajmola@yahoo.com

you can send me a email with your mobile or telephone number. then i will call back you (may be in the weekend..) and we will talk in details about the position. Don't worry, you don't need to know german for this position.

Best Regards,
Lucky.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: How to get the salary? Help needed.
Answer
8/23/08 1:45 AM as a reply to p s.
We feel sorry for what happened with your husband.It would have been much better if you posted and asked some advice before your husband started the job.
Is there any kind of proof that you husband worked there for 45days and even if you get the proof is he allowed to work without permission from his Institute.
Does your husband have a Lohnsteuer card which every employer needs to pay the salary otherwise it is illegal.
There is really no legal way you can get the salary,seems the bakery person is nice enough so he gave the option to bring friends passport so go ahead and get the money that way.
Also advice to your husband get out of his books and studies,think practical,interact with people and instead of you posting this he should be posting this message.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/08 1:39 PM as a reply to p s.
since he is getting stipend now he doesn't have tax card. he used to sign the time sheet which is the proof for his working hrs. so it seems the only solution is to find a friend who has unrestricted work permit and transfer the money on their name. as you rightly said we should have posted before joining .
will post if we get our money.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/08 8:09 PM as a reply to p s.
Another option is, if the bakery owner agrees you can get the money without any tax card or formal signature. In that case, you may get less but depends on the owner.

If he/she is friendly, then you can ask them if they know anybody who can get the money on behalf of you. It is quite common in all the restaurents where my friends worked.

I suggest to find any Bachelor/master students who does not have work or work less and offer them some money. They would be happy to do....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/08 8:36 PM as a reply to p s.
Thank you peek. We will ask the owner whether this option is possible.

Padmaja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/08 9:20 PM as a reply to p s.
I think, this is not legal solution. I dont know whether it would be a good idea for someone to take this money instead of your husband.

I am sorry to say that your husband works illigally. Your husband is doing phd that means he is full time busy and he cannot do another job without having permission from the institute where he is doing PHD ( this should be written in the contract ).

The best solution, to forget about it.I know it is tough as he worked very hard.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/08 1:43 AM as a reply to p s.
when he has asked few of his German colleagues to help, we came to know that they have taken permission from the institute stating the stipend given is insufficient and are working during their free time.
The problem is he just was giving a try seeing the Ad and without any discussion was asked to work immediately as they were in a bad need. Ofcourse after we discussed with the visa offcie we immediately stopped working. In his visa it was not written that he needs to work only for his institute.
He also wants to get the money back as legally as possible. but as a wife, I dont want his effort, to go waste. We both find this site very useful.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/08 2:09 PM as a reply to p s.
It was very difficult to find a person who was allowed to work and can also help us get our money back. 2 friends were ready to help us but when they both contacted the bakery owner he told some law which we couldnt understand and told he cannot pay them.
then we approached through our neighbours tax person just within 2 to 3 mins of convesation with him over the phone the owner asked us to come and collect the money.
the owner wanted someone to register that they have worked for 1 month in their bakery but the tax person told its a major criminal activity to do such things.
Finally we got our money back and I thank you all for your suggestions.

Padmaja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/08 2:21 PM as a reply to p s.
good.. atleast your husband got the money finally. Next time be careful and ask some one if not so sure.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott