Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Abfindung (Leaving Money) vs Arbeitlosengeld (Unemployment Money)

Toggle
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had some experience with how an Abfindung(money a comapany gives you when you are fired for your years of service or a a payoff for a semi-legal firing) affects unemployment money. Possibly it is seen as normal salary and one will not recieve any unemployment money until it is 'used up'. I asked the Employment office and it depends on how the company describes the Abfindung in a document you have to give the company called 'Arbeitsbescheinigung'. My german just wasn't good enough to understand completely,
the woman said it was based on the fact if something was 'eingehalten' which means abide by/adhere to/comply with. I have no idea exactly what needs to be adhered to. I will receive 2 months supposedly untaxed salary(almost 4 regular post taxed salaries) as an Abfindung and am unsure if means I won't recieve unemployment money for possible 2, 3 or even 4 months until the Abfindung is gone. Pretty bad draining your resources dry before they give you some unemloyment money.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Abfindung (Leaving Money) vs Arbeitlosengeld (Unemployment Money)
Answer
3/4/05 2:30 PM as a reply to Shad Doedancing.
It seems that Abfindung doesnt affect your ALG. Thats what people here feel:

http://www.trust7.com/en/forums/integration/abfindung_how_much
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3