Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family reunion visa for blue card APPLICANT

Toggle
Hello everyone,

I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina and currently working and living in Frankfurt, Germany. I am senior software engineer and I got the Visa D on October 1st, moved to Germany in October and started working here regulary. My wife stayed in Bosnia and Herzegovina. When I arrived to Germany, I was with relocation partner agent at Burgeramt and registered my address and also shown my marriage certificate and now I'm tax class 3. My relocation partner agent also applied for appointment at Frankfurt Ausländerbehörde and I got it for March 1st of 2018 (30 days before my visa expires). My visa sticker in passport says following:
Tätikgeit senior mobile developer.
Blaue Karte EU § 2 ABS. 1 NR. 2 BESCH
Aufenthaltsdauer entspricht Gültigkeit

and it is valid up to March 31. 2018. Now my wife wants to join me here in Germany. She is also software engineer (which is MINT profession I guess) if it's important in the whole story. Usually waiting time for family reunion visa appointments in German embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina is really long (more than 7 or 8 months). I contacted them and sent a scan of my visa, my contract and our marriage certificate and she got an "urgent" appointment for December 5th. They have sent an email to her with a document saying which documents she needs to bring to the appointment. Besides everything there is A-1 language certificate and my residence permit. She does not have language certificate. Does she need it since I'm blue card applicant? I did not get the blue card yet (I have an appointment for March 1st). Does it mean something that it says "Blaue karte" on my visa sticker? Also I did not get residence permit yet (I guess). Do I actually have residence and work permit with this kind of Visa? What is the best solution for us to not get rejected for Visa on 5th December? Any suggestions on what we can do? I know that everything is easy for Blue card holders, but the thing is that I still do not have physical blue card (I'm just waiting for the appointment). Can she get "dependent" entry visa based on my entry visa (with this blaue karte remark, whatever it means)?

Thank you in advance
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family reunion visa for blue card APPLICANT
Answer
11/20/17 11:08 AM as a reply to Jasmin.
Hi,

it is not mandatory that your spouse has German language skills..

Do subsequently immigrating spouses have to provide proof of German language skills?
Spouses who subsequently immigrate to Germany do not have to provide proof of German language skills in order to be able to apply for a first residence title after entering the country. This however does not rule out the immigration authority deciding that an obligation exists for the spouse to attend an integration course subsequent to entry. Any violations of this obligation will be taken into account when the residence permit is extended.

You can find a link to this kind of FAQs in our Blue Card section.
Because it is not guaranteed that the case worker at the German Consulate knows about this, I recommend to print out this text and take it to the interview. 

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/20/17 11:15 AM as a reply to trust7.
trust7:
Hi,

it is not mandatory that your spouse has German language skills..

Do subsequently immigrating spouses have to provide proof of German language skills?
Spouses who subsequently immigrate to Germany do not have to provide proof of German language skills in order to be able to apply for a first residence title after entering the country. This however does not rule out the immigration authority deciding that an obligation exists for the spouse to attend an integration course subsequent to entry. Any violations of this obligation will be taken into account when the residence permit is extended.

You can find a link to this kind of FAQs in our Blue Card section.
Because it is not guaranteed that the case worker at the German Consulate knows about this, I recommend to print out this text and take it to the interview. 

Good luck

Detlef

Thank you very much for the answer. Actually I have previously read that, but we are confused because it usually says for "Blue card holders". Technically I'm not a holder yet (I did not have physical card), just an applicant (with some remark in national visa sticker) and I'm afraid of that.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/20/17 11:37 AM as a reply to Jasmin.
You applied under the Blue Card law, so the Blue Card rules are valid for you. Others bring their whole family from the beginning, it is just that they applied for the family at the first time.

So you should not worry, but you never know. That's why I wish you good luck!
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/20/17 11:42 AM as a reply to trust7.
trust7:
You applied under the Blue Card law, so the Blue Card rules are valid for you. Others bring their whole family from the beginning, it is just that they applied for the family at the first time.

So you should not worry, but you never know. That's why I wish you good luck!

Thank you very much. So she should just ignore A-1 language certificate and my residence permit requirements from the document she has got for the appointment at the embassy? I was thinking the same, because I guess she would not get the urgent appointment otherwise. But then everywhere I just read "blue card holder" and that worried me. I was thinking of going to Ausländerbehörde here in Frankfurt before my actual appointment (in March next year) in order to get the blue card faster, but then I read horror stories about waiting time and how hard it is to reach them, so I'm not sure if it's clever idea.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott