Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Health Insurance for visiting parents in Germany

Toggle
Hello Everybody,

I am in process of inviting my parents from India on a 90-days tourist visa in Germany. Before I arrange for the necessary health insurance for their travel, I would like to have your ideas on how good is the ADAC coverage. FYI, my parents are both 60+.

If it is really good and easy to handle, then I would go for it. Elsewise, I will have to arrange for some other insurance from India.

Your experiences are of immense value for me. And I appreciate any suggestions I get on this.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Health Insurance for visiting parents in Germany
Answer
9/25/08 2:05 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
I invited my mother and Mother in law in the month of Feb,Mar,Apr. 2008. And I did go for the ADAC. i visited the ADAC at bonn, it was a very quite simple process, and they handled everything. My mom is abt 55 yrs old and i paid for her for a 3 month stay 97 euros. i had to take her once to a doctor, and i claimed the money from ADAC which also went very smoothly. With this info, i can conclude that ADAC would a nice choice.

If you get any comments from other members, please do also weigh their recommmendations.

regards and good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/08 2:58 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
@sarwam,

Thank you so much for your quick response. Your experience is quite encouraging for me :-).

You have mentioned that ADAC had charged you 97 euros for the 3-months coverage. Some queries on this:

1. Was it 97 euros per person? I guess YES, but just to confirm.
2. How is this amount evaluated? Do they need any medical history report(s) on top of insured's age?
3. Did you have to send this coverage policy to India before they appeared for the visa interview?

Sorry for so many queries, but I just couldn't help asking :-)

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/08 5:12 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
EssKey

- Yeah, its per person
- The amount is only depends on the age not at all on the medical history as they can nt verify it. However, we can't (or they won't) claim any money for already prevailing diseases.
- Yeah sure, first of all you need to send it to INdia before they appear. Moreover, you do also need to send "Verpflichtungserklärung", even to get this the officers at rathaus will ask for the Medical insurance of the traveller.

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/08 2:28 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
Thanks a lot sarwam for your kind advice. I will check with the ADAC authorities in my city and see what they have to say. Thanks again.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18