Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dependent visa for parents

Antwort
21.02.10 17:19
Hi all

Could someone tell me if there is any way to invite parents to Germany and they can stay for more than 3 months (as visiting visa is normally for 3 months)either as a dependent on me or any other way. I have a Daueraufenthalt-EG visa
0 (0 Stimmen)

Re: Dependent visa for parents
Antwort
21.02.10 20:27 als Antwort auf kaladhar ramaka.
Yes, you can request a visa for a longer duration, it will just take longer to process.

-a
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
22.02.10 15:02 als Antwort auf kaladhar ramaka.
Hi Alvarez,
Thanks for the info.
Does inviting parents as dependents for a longer duration(as visiting visa is normally for 3 months) get easier if i obtain German citizenship or am a German citizen?

Cheers
D
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
22.02.10 16:03 als Antwort auf kaladhar ramaka.
Normally you have to sign a verpflichtungserklärung, which means that you will take care of all costs associated with your family being in Germany (i.e. tipical case is hospital costs not covered by the insurance). So they are more interested in your financial capacity than your citizenship.

For how many months do you want to invite your family?

-a
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
22.02.10 18:09 als Antwort auf kaladhar ramaka.
Hi Alvarez,
Thanks again for the detailed explanation.
As of now i am not thinking of inviting my parents for more than 1-3 months, however i was just interested to know if there is a possibility at all to get them over for a longer duration and if being a citizen would be an advantage.

I do get your point with why they insist on a formal invitation letter(verpflichtungserklärung).

Thanks and Cheers
D
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
27.05.10 20:05 als Antwort auf kaladhar ramaka.
Hey Khopdee,

Just curious to know if you managed to get a longer term visa for your parents. I was under an impression that this is not feasible. Also, would it be any different if one is a german citizen.

Thanks,
Biks.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
04.12.10 19:36 als Antwort auf kaladhar ramaka.
Dear all,

I got german citizenship yesterday. I saw in below link that it is possible to get parents on a dependent visa for more than 3 months . Can someone clarify if this is true and if any of you already were successful in getting your parents for more than 3 months as you were a eu citizen? Thanks

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2008/04/22/definition-of-family-member/
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
04.12.10 19:41 als Antwort auf kaladhar ramaka.
Don't know why the above link went to a different page. Trying again
http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/worker-pensioner/non-eu-family-members/spouses-children-parents_en.htm
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
07.12.10 14:42 als Antwort auf kaladhar ramaka.
I could not invite my mother even for one month. The Delhi embassy cancelled the visa 2 times. Did any one faced the similar problem and could solve it later on. Advice will be greatly appreciated....
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
14.12.10 08:40 als Antwort auf kaladhar ramaka.
Hi aalvarez

Could you kindly eloborate the process to get a longer stay visa for dependent parents.

regards,
tiwarivi
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
29.12.10 20:39 als Antwort auf kaladhar ramaka.
could some one provide the updated information on the topic.

Getting a longer stay visa for dependent parents or one of them (eg mother, if she is alone in home country).

I am a German citizen

Regards
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3