Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work eligibility on dependent visa?

Toggle
Work eligibility on dependent visa?
Answer
4/3/12 1:22 AM
Hallo Experts.

I need some urgent expert advice trough trust7.

I am living in Munich on dependent visa. my questions are

-Today I have been to KVR (Munich visa office)to get my resident permit. visa officer told me i am not allowed to entroll myself into any master degree programe in university nor can I do business on this visa. Do I need some other visa to get myself entrolled in university?

- visa officer also told me that i cannot work on this visa therefore i wanted to start small business.

Do I have to change my visa? if yes please let me know the process of Gewerbeamt?

-I have applied for my tax card, can i do mini jobs in Germany upto 400 Euro per month. Í also have some offers of parttime jobs.

- Can i work in any other schenegen country? I got an interview call from Czech Republic.

- Can i fill my tax return for zero income.

Thank you in advance.

Regrads,
PM
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work eligibility on dependent visa?
Answer
4/3/12 12:59 PM as a reply to Hello Germany.
I could understand that you are on dependent visa. What is the clause mentioned on your Aufenthaltserlaubnis? Just see your visa. The clause should be mentioned in it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/12 10:41 PM as a reply to Hello Germany.
you should ask the ausländerbehörde if you can breathe with your dependant visa.... you can not work you can not study you can not do anything...

why do they talk about integration when they drink a few beers ? sad...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/12 4:56 AM as a reply to Hello Germany.
Hello, IndianStudent,

The information you have been told at the ABH is probably and as usual completely false.
Your abilities to do anything on your dependant visa depend on what the principal visa holder is entitled to. And the limitations if there are any normaly concern your right to work. This means that if your spouse is entitled to work, even as a student (90 fulltime days a year +on campus), so are you. Moreover if your spouse has a work visa you can do whatever you want, nclusive working and studing.

As far as I know you have also always right to be enrolled at the university when residing on a dependant visa, no matter whatever visa or permit your spouse(the princilpal visa holder) has.

Coming to the ABH and just asking something would not bring anything cause you would not be taken seriously anyway -it is how it is in the country. The safer way would be to make an official request in writing and to ask for a clarification on your rights as a resident in germany directly from the foreign affairs office (local ABH). If they would keep making hindraces regarding your employment, than they literary owe you your salary, you were supposed to get at your place of work. This is a serious lawsuit then. It is suggested to have a legal insuarance for such cases anyway.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott