Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Emergency -Help required

Alternar
Emergency -Help required
Respuesta
26/05/09 0:57
Hello friends,

Please help this friend in need of help

Thanks in advance from KielKiran.
Kindly see the enclosed forwarded message.

Hello everyone,

One of my friend is going through a situation and needs urgent help.

The situation is like this..My friend was sharing a room with another person and he left to India last week. By mistake my friends passport is now in his room mates bag in India (Bangalore). Now my friend has got his work permit and needs his passport urgently so that he can start working. His room mate has returned to India for an indefinite period. Do anyone of you know any person flying from India during this week ? It can be from any place from India to any place in Germany. This person just has to carry the passport of my friend.

If someone responds to this situation it would be of great help.
contact details are mentioned below,

Sudarshan: 017622843811, vvsudharshan@googlemail.com
suhas: 017663140079, rvsuhas@gmail.com
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Emergency -Help required
Respuesta
26/05/09 2:27 en respuesta a Venkata Sai Kiran Chakravadhanula.
Your friends roomate has to courier it to the person who's flying and then had to be courierd again within germany. For that the easiest and best way is to courier directly to india. It is faster even with speed post. And ofcourse it will be registerd, so no worry about losing it in transit.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 11:50 en respuesta a Venkata Sai Kiran Chakravadhanula.
In some cases, sending courier by post/ courier may not be allowed.

Check with the Indian embassy in Germany.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 12:38 en respuesta a Venkata Sai Kiran Chakravadhanula.
How does one get their passports if they apply for UK or US visas? And how can Indian embassy people help in this regard?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 13:13 en respuesta a Venkata Sai Kiran Chakravadhanula.
1) You are talking about US and UK visas issued in India and delivered ONLY :-) in India. They (Emabssies) might have sought permission from Foreign Ministry.

2) Do you know the rational behind restrictions on sending passport across borders? Human trafficking.

Indian passports are the property of Indian Government.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 13:16 en respuesta a Venkata Sai Kiran Chakravadhanula.
Indian embassy can issue a letter explaining the circumstance and also mention that the holder of the passport is a resident in Germany. So that courier will not come under the scope of immigration/custom officials.

This letter may be enclosed within the passport.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 13:20 en respuesta a Venkata Sai Kiran Chakravadhanula.
>>You are talking about US and UK visas issued in India and delivered ONLY in India.

No i am talking about passports delivered here in germany

>>They (Emabssies) might have sought permission from Foreign Ministry.

I dont think so.

>>Do you know the rational behind restrictions on sending passport across borders? Human trafficking.

Thanks for enlightning me.

So what do you suggest now for the passport problem? Get permission from the Indian embassy here? Does one have to take it in writing?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 13:53 en respuesta a Venkata Sai Kiran Chakravadhanula.
"Passport is a valuable document. As such It should always be either in your own custody or in the custody of a person duly authorized by you. Passports should not be sent out of the country of residence by post/courier."

this was mentioned in Indian consulate website and I think it is mentioned in the passport.

http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/GenInfConsular111706.htm

I would advice you to either ask your friend who is coming to Germany to bring it along or speak to the embassy.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/05/09 14:08 en respuesta a Venkata Sai Kiran Chakravadhanula.
@stutt
I completely agree with you about the rules, but reality is different. The embassy people will suggest a friend to carry the passport along with the authorisation from the passport owner. How much time will lapse and the topic starter has said it is urgent.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott