Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

visa question

Toggle
visa question
Answer
9/16/08 7:24 PM
Hi,
Is this a rule in Germany visa system that the work permit visa is dependent on the city in Germany. Suppose I currently work for a company located at Munich. Now I get a new offer to from another company to work in another city near by.
Can't I apply the new work permit from Munich itself and once it gets done later on I can shift to the new nearby city and chage the address registration accordingly - will this impact my work permit ?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: visa question
Answer
9/16/08 7:33 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
You can apply for the workpermit in your local office, but they will then forward it to the Arbeitsamt where the company is registered.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/08 7:34 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
You can apply work permit from one city, while you like to work in another city. It is not a problem and will not impact your work permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/08 7:35 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Yes, the work permit is dependent on the city where you live and the city where you work. If you get a new offer from another city, you have to apply for the work permit from the city where you reside.After the approval you can shift to the new city. The change of addres after getting work permit will have no impact.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott