Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

CItizenship (CS): Integration Course

Toggle
CItizenship (CS): Integration Course
Answer
1/7/05 3:24 PM
Hi All,
As stated in Parra 5 of p. 25 in the New Right of Residence (NRR,
http://www.berlin.de/sengessozv/auslaender/zuwg_en.pdf
it is not necessary to take integration course if one has a university degree or a job. Because it is stated that "It is accepted that there is less need for integration and that you will probably integrate in
Germany without state assistance, if you have a university degree or a technical college
qualification, or if you perform an occupation that requires such a qualification. There is an
exception to this: if you have a degree or a technical college qualification or another
corresponding qualification, but are unable to find work appropriate to your qualification on
account of your weak knowledge of German, you nevertheless have the right to take part in
an integration course."

So my understanding is that if anybody has a job or a uni degree, he can apply for citizenship after 7 years os stay in De without the formal integration course. But ofcourse, it's very reasonable that he must speak in German.

I would appreciate your comments about this!

regards,

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Re: CItizenship (CS): Integration Course
Answer
1/7/05 3:47 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
Hi,
That's my question as well since the integration course is supposed to cover 600 hours and I would hardly believe that none of us might have such a time.
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 4:09 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
"So my understanding is that if anybody has a job or a uni degree, he can apply for citizenship after 7 years os stay in De without the formal integration course. But ofcourse, it's very reasonable that he must speak in German."

Definitely YES.. this is also my understanding.
I believe, they want you to take a certificate called ZD(Zertifikat Deutsch), at the end of this integration course. If you already have this certificate(this certificate was around for more than 5-6 years)
you can just show it as a proof your language skills then you should be fine.(600 Hours to get ZD is for a total beginner, after living in Germany couple of years and having learned "some" German, IMHO one should be able to get such a certificate with a weekly 4 hour after work VHS course in 5-6 months )

For more information regarding ZD:
http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/prf/zd/enindex.htm

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 4:35 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
As of IntV §17, one needs to show Niveaustufe B 1 certificate (Mittelstufe 1) without any uni degree(job). But if we get a B 1 test, then we fulfill integration requirements fully even we have a degree/job. One can get B 1 test certificate even after 3.5 months class (4 hrs/week)at VHS if he has the basic level of German.

So let's go to schule to take that. emoticon

regards,

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 4:37 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
so it means just talking fluently German is not adequate for ABH and you should have the certification as well.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 4:43 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
I think with our degree/job we can prove our integrity in De. But if we have a chance to get B 1 certificate, it's for sure that we are integrated. So we can try to get it if we have the chance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 7:17 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
there are two parts attached to this message, one is integration alone and then the language. In any case you need the proof of German language I guess. This is to be checked? even the students have to prove their skills in german language.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 7:42 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
Does anybody know which course or Integration course we should attend? I do believe that just passing the exam should be enough?
Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 8:18 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
Another question that came to my mind now:
Does anyone know if Germany allows dual nationality? Scenario: Someone applies for CS and becomes German, shall he lose his original nationality and be only German? In this case, this guy will have difficulties maybe when going home later if he gives up his nationality. Any Info on this??
Have a nice weekend
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 8:31 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
"Does anyone know if Germany allows dual nationality?"

short answer, NO

but there are exceptions. If your country prohibits you to leave the citizenship then you can get German one and keep your old one as well. Otherwise you have to leave your older citizenship. By the way, Yes, there are such fantastic countries which dont let their citizens to leave the citizenship on their free-will. Very democratic ha ? emoticon an example.. ? well, Greece for example..

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 10:50 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
Ok, what happens in this scenario for example:
You get the German citizenship, you give away your original citizenship. Then when you go back home, you re-apply to get a new passport. I mean if you give away your passport here, this does not mean that you name is cancelled in the rathaus of your home-city where u were born and where ur family lives and where you have probably a house in ur name.
Any comments?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 11:45 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
it is not that easy..
Giving your passport does not necessarily mean that you also lose your citizenship. Believe me, you will not be able to convince German authorties by only giving your passport to them.. emoticon

You need from your country's authorities an official document stating that you are not a citizen of that country anymore(ofcourse with an attested german translation) probably from Internal Affairs Ministry of your country.

You can try to fool german authorities if you want, but then your german citizenship will be always in danger. If they get to know that you are still a citizen of your home country then you will automatically lose your german citizenship.

They have official channels with many countries to check this.

Regards,

Lacrima

PS: For more information(in German) :

http://www.info4alien.de/einbuergerung/themen/doppelte.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/05 4:20 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
Hi Lacrima,

Are you sure that Germany doesnt allow Dual Citizenship? I remember a distant friend who had a south african passport + a German passport. I am not sure and I need to verify again.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
GC-Friend
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/05 5:26 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
"Are you sure that Germany doesnt allow Dual Citizenship?"

Yes, I am sure but there are exceptional cases.(see my previous post.)

And this law came into effect in 2000. Before that date it was allowed to have another citizenship and the german one, so people who had dual-citizenship before 2000 were able to keep it. The reason for this law was that right-wing politicians in Germany were afraid that so many foreigners will naturalize themselves and would not vote for them in the next election.. emoticon
Foreigners living in Germany now usually hesitate before they naturalize themselves after this law because they have to give away their current citizenship. Mission successfully accomplished for rigth-wing guys.. emoticon

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/05 10:19 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
"Are you sure that Germany doesnt allow Dual Citizenship?"

As far as I know, yes, it is possible in some cases for example for a foreign origin baby born in Germany, it should be possible to get a German passport after 18 years together with the second passport from their homeland but that country of origin should allow dual citizenship.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/9/05 11:06 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
"As far as I know, yes, it is possible in some cases for example for a foreign origin baby born in Germany, it should be possible to get a German passport after 18 years together with the second passport from their homeland"

No, it is NOT possible. After that person reaches age of 23, he has to choose one of the passport. Either his home country or German one. (Provided that one of the parents has German PR, to be born in Germany does not give any advantage either, if the parents dont have PR )

Your example is valid only if one of the parents is German.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott