Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse visa requirements

Spouse visa requirements
Answer
10/31/17 8:00 AM
Hi,
I am an Indian and I am working in Germany (Frankfurt) since Sep 2016 on work permit. I am getting married in Feb 2018 in India and I want to bring my wife back  with me in Feb only. But  as I discussed with someone about the visa requirements, he told me following points - 

1. A dependent permit can be applied, iff the main applicant’s Residence Permit stays valid  for succeeding 12 months from the date of application for the dependent;
  2. The employee (main applicant) can file an extension of his current permit only 2-3 months before expiry date; earlier applications will not be accepted à The application for the extension of your Residence Permit can be filed earliest in May-June 2018.  
  3. If employee has received his residence permit before his marriage, his spouse will be eligible for a dependent permit only, if employee has stayed in Germany for more than 2 years.
Are the above points true?
Is the 12 months rule strict or preferrable and I can still apply?
Can I file for extension of residence permit only 2-3 months before expiry or can I do it before also (my current resident permit expires in Aug 2018)?
Is the point c strict or preferrable and I can still apply?

Are there any alternatives to bring her here?

Thanks and Regards,
Nitin
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3