Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

not a FAQ nor an important link

Toggle
not a FAQ nor an important link
Answer
12/22/05 12:28 AM
sorry but this is not a FAQ nor an important link but I found it really amazing!

in this link you will find pictures of the new VolksWagen "factory" in Dresden.. is incredible how clean and ordered an "industrial" building can be.. unglaublicht!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1837641

0 (0 Votes)

Re: not a FAQ nor an important link
Answer
12/22/05 1:37 AM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
This is a classical example of why Germans are not so bothered about social relationships because they put their energy behind these beautiful designs and for the first time I realised that I have done mistake calling them unfriendly. Till date I admired their craftmanship and application to science and technology. My respect to their hardship and willingness to be great engineers. These things make Germany a innovative place and being part of this society makes you feel proud. I am not joking.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/22/05 7:04 PM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
Gus
Thanks for the link,very interesting indeed.
I had the opportunity before to visit the Mercedes (pkw) plants in Sindelfingen and Bremen, But the VW assembly unit in comparison is state of art, much more impressive. The difference is naturally the other plants have more complicated processes (auto welds by 'kuka' robots etc )and this dresden VW plant is only for manual assembly (thats the reason for it being so clean).Another case is if Phaeton is shelved for poor sales then, I wonder how this assembly will be utilised in the future, maybe Porsche might use it ;).Interesting to note is all the sexy plants would be in the eastern part of Germany. Economics works out very well, that means 1)For every € you invest there, you get 50 cents back from the Govt.2)Warehousing costs are negligible compared to BW or Bayern.So you'll see more of such assembly units (manual and only luxury category) there.
Happy holidays to all
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/23/05 1:20 AM as a reply to Gustavo Ruiz Zastrow.
I also think that the building is a master-piece, I'll definitively going to visit that factory if I have the oportunity to visit Dresden someday

The official site is also very well designed but it only has small/medium pictures
http://www.glaesernemanufaktur.de/gmd.html

0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18