Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work Permit Change New Position in same co. / Blue Card Extension

Hi All,

I am in a bit of a tricky situation and have been doing as much research as I can but can't seem to find the answer to my specific situation.

I arrived in Germany at the end of Sep 2016 on a one year contract and currently have a Blue Card valid until end of Dec 2017.  My contract expired and I will be starting a new position on a permanent contract (different job title but in the same company) and have been told that my work permit needs to be amended before I can start the new position. 

Is it indeed true that I cannot start working my new position with my old Blue Card if it is at the same company?  Also, i'm afraid that I may not be able to get an appointment until 2018 at which point my Blue Card and residence permission will be expired.  On top of this the local Ausländerwesen (in Nuremberg) no longer accepts walk ins so I am really stuck as to what to do.  

Any support / advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3