Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Einbürgerung Question

Toggle
Einbürgerung Question
Answer
6/30/09 11:33 AM
Hi Guys

I am living in Dresden, and plan to apply for EB soon (~8 years, have done B1 and Einbürgerungtest).Does anyone know how long it will take in Dresden for an EB, after I submit all papers?

Another question , if I finish my 8 years, submit EB application, keep my Anmeldung in Dresden and then go for work in, say, Switzerland for 6-9 months, do you know if this is OK? I mean I have stayed 8 years, do I need to stay until I get my pass? What's the law about that?

Thank you all for your time.

nimo
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Einbürgerung Question
Answer
6/30/09 12:17 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Can someone tell me ,for Einbürgerungtest do we need to ask for ABH ,means when applying for citizenship, ABH ask you to do this test in written or you can do before applying for citizenship?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/30/09 2:24 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Einbürgerungtest you can do anytime.It is always better to do this test before applying Einbürgerung.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/30/09 5:25 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Thanks can you please explain how to do it?
where to register any formalities, classes I need to take?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/30/09 5:53 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Search for "Einbürgerungstests und Vorbereitungskurse" in the VHS covering the region you live

http://www.vhs.de/
0 (0 Votes)

Einbuergerung Questions for RAJ
Answer
7/2/09 6:30 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Questions for Raj or anyone else who has gotten the citizenship : I applied 2 months ago and today the woman to whom I submitted my docs told me that the application is now sent to the buergeramt and it can take a little longer "sonst soweit alles ok".

Since the lady was not in a communicative mood (surprise surprise), my questions are :

The fact that the application has gone to the Buuergeramt, does this indicate at which stage my application is right now?

If I get the Urkunde, do I need to go pick it up from the lady or someone/where else at the buergeramt ?

Thanks !!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/09 2:30 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Hello ,

They will inform you when and where you have to pick it up. Just wait till they finish with the procedure.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/09 5:13 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
i would second what zong said. Have patience and dont call them unnecessarily. Call them if you dont hear from them in another 4 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/09 8:07 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Alirght, thanks guys.

I would still appreciate it if you let me know whether the two of you went back to the same person to collect your Urkunde or somewhere else....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/09 10:43 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
@ Nimo

Sorry for the bad news..Dresden takes around 2 years to process.I think it is easily the slowest state in processing EB.

No !! while your case is in process you cannot somewhere else!!

Think of staying in Thuringen and process it there.

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/09 12:57 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Hello,

Nope i did not went to the same person. The person who was dealing with my case told me if I want to get it near your place i.e Rathaus or would like to have it from himself. I said to him it would be nice if it comes to the Rathaus. Since Einbürgerung Amt was about 50km away from my place of residence.

But it totally depends on the person who is dealing with your case and how they want to do it.

Once again i will say every city will have it´s own procedure.

If you don´t want to have some patience than visit the same women and ask her directly.If she or he is in a good mode than they will tell you or not interested in giving you any reply.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/09 3:09 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Thanks Zong4u. I will just chill for 3-4 months and then go to the woman directly.

Last question - how many months did your EB decision take from the time of applying ?

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18