Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work Visa- Bangalore

Toggle
Work Visa- Bangalore
Answer
10/19/17 11:05 AM
Hi,

I'm about to apply for work visa in a week and gathering all the required documents. I was able to figure out most of the procedures. Thanks to trust7!!

I'm taking a chance to check and see if there are people like me applying for visa in October 2017 and traveling to Munich. So that we can collaberate via emails.

Few queries:
- I believe I qualify for Blue card(BC) and somehow came to an assumption that we can apply to BC directly. Is that correct?
- Is there a different procedure to apply for BC? or, should I just ask for the possibility of converting my application as BC application during the interview?

Thanks you in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Work Visa- Bangalore
Answer
10/19/17 11:42 AM as a reply to Jes.
I am not an expert but here's how I understand it works.

1. You first apply for a work visa (Long term visa for Employment) and later when you arrive in Germany, you apply for the EU blue card at the foreign office. A work visa entitles you to "travel" to Germany for work but you need a residence permit to live and work in Germany. EU blue card gives you that if you are eligible. 

2. You should check for your eligibility for EU blue card (there is a minimum salary requirement among other things). There is plenty of information available online for this. If you are eligible, you'll be able to apply for a blue-card upon arrival in Germany. 

Please confirm this with a good immigration lawyer. 
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: Work Visa- Bangalore
Answer
10/19/17 2:54 PM as a reply to Bangalore Resident.
Thank you for the quick response! 

I did my masters from a reputated univerusity in Melbourne and the pay scale offered is above the cut off. So I'm assuming I'm eligible for BC. However, I'll doublecheck as suggested.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott