Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Time taken for CIO-India processing in CGI-Germany

Toggle
Hi,
anyone already or in process of getting CIO card.
How much time does it take on average ?
Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Time taken for CIO-India processing in CGI-Germany
Answer
9/25/08 7:38 PM as a reply to subir subir.
You mean OCI Card or?

max 4 weeks. If you have given your mobile no, they will inform you if it is ready.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/08 8:31 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@raj,

right "OCI".
Thanks for the info.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/08 11:02 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Hello Raj,

We have to submit our passport for getting the OCI card ? I asked in Frankfurt they told me it takes 8 weeks.

BR
hummad
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/08 1:13 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@raj,zong

Can you help me to understand procedure(sequence), what happens from the time when all the citizenship papers such as all test results etc submitted to auslanderamt. How much time each of step takes until one gets passport. For example i heard there is something like urkunde one gets as proof of citizenship . So, at what stage one has to submit the old passport and get the german. Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/08 1:16 PM as a reply to subir subir.
No need to submit the passport only after they say OCI is ready. Just to be on the safer side they say it takes 8 weeks, but is quicker than that.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/08 1:22 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@raj
Thanks,
But i am asking , at what stage i have to submit my indian passport to German authorities so that i get German passport. Thanks again
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/08 2:33 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@subhir

You are confusing yourself.

OCI is only for people with foreign passports.

So first you have to get your german citizenship. You will handover your Indian Passport to the german authorities just before you get your Urkunde. The authorities will then forward the Indian passport to the Indian consulate themselves. With urkunde you can apply for german passport and Id card. After you get your german passport you can apply for your OCI card.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/08 3:30 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@raj,

How much time it needs to get German passport and id card once i apply for it after getting Urkunde?

Why i am asking becuase ihave some valid visas from other countries on my current indian passport and also i have travel plans to india.

So, i shouldnt be left with no passport in hand for long time.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/08 3:43 PM as a reply to subir subir.
>>How much time it needs to get German passport and id card once i apply for it after getting Urkunde?

4 to 8 weeks in frankfurt. But you can check online if the process is finished from your city's website

>>Why i am asking becuase ihave some valid visas from other countries on my current indian passport and also i have travel plans to india.

You wont be needing visa for most of the countries so not a problem. Well for 2-3 months after you get your urkunde you cannot plan any travel to india.

You are just applying now for your german citizenship, so chill, because it takes some time for the process to complete
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/08 5:16 PM as a reply to subir subir.
in Frankfurt, after getting Urkunde it could take around 4 weeks in normal case . But there is a possibility which costs you about 40Euro or so more, and your passport will be ready just in 4 working days. Experience in Frankfurt. Just ask the Einwohnermeldeamt about that. For a sequence: after getting Urkunde you will need to go to Einwohznermeldeamt to submit the application(including a copy of Urkunde) for a passport and ausweis.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/08 6:05 PM as a reply to subir subir.
@raj, @MH,

Thank you for useful info.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3