Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Traffic violation / Verkehrsverstoß suggestion needed???

Toggle
Hello there,

I'm a Software Engineer working in Bayern. On the first day of this year (01.01.06) -emoticon i mistakenly overlooked a red signal, because i was in a hurry to pick my mother from Airport. I was just 1 second late between the change of signal from yellow to red. However today i got a letter from "Polizeiverwaltungsamt" about it, and they have sent me a paper which i must fill within a week and send back. I dont know if i should accept that i did it or is there any other possibility to avoid it or at minimum reduce the risk of being fined heavily.

Is there anybody who have somesort of experience in this regard? what will know happen with my licence. I got it 2 yrs. ago and have already 3 points. -emoticon

thanks for any replies!!

irrelevant.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Traffic violation / Verkehrsverstoß suggestion needed???
Answer
1/25/06 4:57 PM as a reply to mubi hussan.
They must have some kind of proof or witness, that they send you the letter. Whats inside the letter / form?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/06 5:26 PM as a reply to mubi hussan.
Hi

Yes irrelevant. M.k. is right.

Once I received a letter of that kind and they had a photo of me (but in my case was overspeed)

I've heard people telling me when I received this letter to deny everything and hire a lawyer but I didn't do it and I simply pay the fine.

My advice: do the same. At the end, you did it. Doesn't matter if it was 1 sec or 1 hour after the red (well in fact does matter!) you did it and FOR SURE you were photographied (please read carefully and check it)

The problem now is that this is a big offence. If you were more than a second after red or you put in danger any person or car, you will have to pay 125 euro BUT they will don't allow you to drive for a month. Ah, you will receive 4 points in Flensburg. Otherwise you have to pay ony 50 euro.

Please read the fine and tell us what says
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/06 5:58 PM as a reply to mubi hussan.
Have you already completed the 2 year probezeit ??

You would probably get 3 points for this offence. And you need atleast 2 more points for attending the seminar .. ;)

more info here:
http://www.bmvbs.de/Verkehr/Strasse-,1448/Bussgeldkatalog.htm#ampel
http://www.kba.de/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/06 6:07 PM as a reply to mubi hussan.
Hi,

What does the letter say ?. Does it say somthing abt the Timing ?. ie less than 1 sec or beyond 1 sec.

Less than 1 sec, you collect 3 Points and pay abt 75 Euros, more than 1 sec you pay higher and get 4 points.

Not to say, but i happend to be in similar situation, and cop was right behind me. I agreed and got three points and paid abt 75 Euros.

a Mistake is a mistake and Polizei has got witness.
I suggest you agree and try to be careful from now on.

Sudeep
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18