Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Elterngeld while staying out of Germany?

Toggle
I have a strange situation. I came to Germany on a dependant visa with my husband(also Indian). Later, I got a job in a German company as a software developer.In a year of my stay here, i also got a BE which I have to renew in December 2008.I have been working for more than a year already.Now I am pregnant.I want to go back to India in April 2008 to have my baby around June 2008(mainly use all my vacation period).Here are my doubts
-Will having my delivery in India prevent me from claiming Elterngeld and Mutterschafts/schutz geld?
-How do I get the administrative formalities done to start getting the benefits while I am in India?
-If my husband leaves Germany in the meanwhile(due to change of job) and I am on vacation in India, will it make any difference to the benefits I can get? Is it necessary for me or someone in my family to stay here to keep getting my money?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Elterngeld while staying out of Germany?
Answer
3/3/14 1:05 PM as a reply to Aastha Vij.
Hello OP,

I am in  exact the same situation like you. I am also planning to go to india for delivery. I am currently working in germany. Can you tell me what you did and any other information ? 

I am trying hard to find answers but no luck till now. emoticon

I really appreciate if you could reply to my questions.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/14 2:30 PM as a reply to Proud Indian.
your child's name needs to be recorded in their system. Otherwise on whose name will this beenfit be given? Your child needs to be a resident first. You need to apply for resident permit for your child. Most governments give these benefits (social security/kindergeld/etc) to residents, so that these benefits spent will benefit the local economy not other economy.

If you are not residing for more than 6 months, you need to inform ABH to keep your resident permit valid.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/14 2:58 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
ok. So if I want Elterngeld then I can go to india after giving birth in Germany and only after the registration. Correct ? 

How long can I stay in India? 

I am confused about more than 6 months clause. I read on http://www.berlinforallthefamily.com/  that : 

Holders of an EU Blue Card are permitted to stay in non-EU countries for up to 12 consecutive months without their residence title expiring. This provision also includes family members. However, this time spent outside Germany is not credited towards a future application for a settlement permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/14 8:43 PM as a reply to Proud Indian.
The first post has been unanswered for the past 7 years indicating that nobody has any experience and it is not a straight forward situation. I am afraid you will have to seek legal advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott