Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Marriage date on certificate

Toggle
Marriage date on certificate
Answer
1/30/09 12:13 PM
Hi,

i was married on 12th Dec 2008, but we went for Registration marriage on 15th Dec 2008.

1. On visa application form which date we need to mention Registrattion certicate date or original marriage date?

2. In Embassy if they asked to show Marriage invitation letter then it is mentioned with 12 Dec, so with this Embassy people will be in a confusion??

pls share your experience.

thank you
sinu
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Marriage date on certificate
Answer
1/30/09 12:28 PM as a reply to ka sr.
>>i was married on 12th Dec 2008, but we went for Registration marriage on 15th Dec 2008.

You should have done both in the same day. What date is there in the certificate? Normally the Registrar also comes to the marriage hall to take signatures.

>>1. On visa application form which date we need to mention Registrattion certicate date or original marriage date?

From now onwards for official purposes your Register Marriage date is the one you have to use.

>>2. In Embassy if they asked to show Marriage invitation letter then it is mentioned with 12 Dec, so with this Embassy people will be in a confusion??

You just have to say exactly what it is. Hindu marriage was on one date and was registerd on the other date. Dont see any problems with Embassy.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/09 12:51 PM as a reply to ka sr.
BTW, what is the date or marriage mentioned on the marriage certificate?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/09 1:34 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Did u marry again on 15th dec? or
U did just registration of ur 12th dec marriage?

If second question is yes then..use date when u actually married (12th dec).

because when u get married u will answer 12th not 15th
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/09 1:39 PM as a reply to ka sr.
@deathinc

You are wrong regarding the date. If he says 12th which document will he show for confirmation? I dont think wedding invitation counts as a official document around here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/09 1:41 PM as a reply to ka sr.
I guess there must be some preist certificate thing for 12th dec + invitation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/09 2:22 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hi all,

Thank you for responses..

on my marriage certificate: 15th Dec 2008.
My marriage (Hindu) date : 12 Dec 2008.

On marriage day (12 Dec 2008) we were not able to visit Registration office Because of non availabilty of registar.

so i think i will use the date of Registration (15th Dec 2008), if embassy people ask about 12th dec then my wife has to expalin the real story... is it ok?

Thank you
sinu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/09 2:44 PM as a reply to ka sr.
yeah honesty is the best policy in embassy matters.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/30/09 7:19 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hi,
Did you register as per hindu marriage act? If so, I think, 12 dec must be there on the certificate.

If you married as per special marriage act, then 15th will be on certificate and that is the official date.

Any way date on certificate is the most important thing.

Two marriage dates are common for Germans too.Here they marry at Mayors office (Burgerburo or standesamt, I think) and then if interested marry again at church. Only difference to your case is the order in which it takes place. Here, I have heard there is some agreement between state and the church, that only people registered under state as married will be allowed to marry at church. This is to prevent multiple marriages through different churches (say once in catholic and then in protestant). So, as it is similar to practise here, your story will not confuse them.

Make sure that you get your marriage certificate attested by 'home secretary of your state'. This might be required later.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott