Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Wife getting a job

Toggle
Wife getting a job
Answer
2/20/06 3:39 PM
Hey guys,

My wife may get a contract starting from this week. It's a Praktikantenvertrag for 3 months. She would be getting around 900 € + travelling expenses. How does it work with the tax then? She starts with class 5 then right? Does she also have to pay health insurance, unemployment insurance etc?

Regards
Fais
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Wife getting a job
Answer
2/21/06 10:47 AM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Nobody can give me an answer...? Well thats impossible in trust7 :-)) Ok.. I wait...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/06 12:12 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
I think she will have to pay health insurance if earning is more than 400 Euro. In any case krankenkasse should be informed when the spouse gets employed.

I dont know about the tax class.

Unemployment insurance : I think you dont have to do anything explicitly about this. If it has to be paid , the employer will take care of it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/06 12:17 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Any idea about rentenversicherung?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/06 12:33 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
I think it is the same as Unemployment insurance. The employer will take care if it is compulsory in your case.

An enquiry with HR department will be more comprehensive.

As far as i know , all these insurances and taxes are deducted at source. So the employee does not have to worry much about these things.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/06 3:08 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Hi Faisalm

Well, regretabbly I don't have much time to answer but anyway I would like to help a little bit.

AFAIK, there is not too many cases or special exceptions to the rules. Or you take a "Nebenjob" in which you pay about 20 Euro tax/insurance u.s.w OR you take a normal job.

The nebenjobs are about 30 hours a month job time and 400 euro salary. Any other job is a normal job.

So, if you have a "normal job" you can use a "Salary calculator" like this:

http://www.nettolohn.de/

All of us use this tools and all of us (I think no exception) was a little bit angry one minute after getting the results.

AFAIK your wife has to pay everything! But only one point: if she earns lesser than the year minimum (I think lesser than 16000 euro brutto /year) she will get back the "Lohnsteuer" part of the calculation.

So, be brave, just adjust the Lohnsteurklasse (I think your wife will be V), your region and press the button in the link I sent

Viel Glück
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/06 4:44 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Hey Yo,

Thanks man. That was informative. I talked to my steuerberater and he confirmed what you said. She could get all the tax back as it is less than 16000. Do you know how it works with the solidaritätzuschlang? Would she also get it back? Would she be entitles for Arbeitslöschengeld when the contract is finished? What abt the pension she paid? Is it the same like the GC's then?

Regards
Fais
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/06 5:40 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Hi again.

Well, I insist. Take my comments just as a starting or informative point, not a specialized opinion.

* About Solitarität* do you think it really cares? It will be about 23 euro!. But anyway I have no idea

* About Arbeitslosengeld: I don't think so. She would need at least 12 month of insurance payed to ask for money at AA and after the contract she will have just 3.

* The thing of Rente I didn't understood. After the contract she'll have 3 month of payed rent and this will be stored
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/06 6:57 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Thanks Yo !!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/06 12:37 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
just a continuation, YO or anyone who can advise me . Can i apply for NE for my wife , as she is working for last 3 years and she is nearly 4 years here in Deutschland.I have a NE. Can i push this matter in the Amt?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/06 12:43 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
I guess she have to wait until she finishes 5 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/06 2:13 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Hi Stier

Faisalm is right. She'll have to wait til 5 years in D.

But neverthless, you or she can ask for BE now because she has worked more than 3 years here. It's not the best but could be good if she have a "company related visa"
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott